New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Motel 6 Nashua

Motel 6 Nashua
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Nashua
Massachusetts
“Errrrrrrr .... it's a $45 +/- room ...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2010

It's the classic case of you get what you pay for. I travel with my dog, and this is one of the few places that don't gouge you with dog fees. Don't expect much for the low price. Shady people hanging about, needs a good going over -- isn't an original Motel 6.
I mean if you're in a bind, and don't mind getting $45 dollars worth -- then stay here.
I traveled alone, with a dog -- and crazy as it seems, we managed to sleep decently.

• Stayed April 2010
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank CarlPaine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2009

Well, I decided to stay at Motel 6 because even though it had been a long time since I have stayed there, I had good experiences in the past (June 2001.) I thought it had been awhile but really what could of changed? ALOT!! I remember staying at a clean and quiet place. The curbside appeal was amazing, the staff was amazing and my over all stay was excellent. Work had brought me back several years later and now in 2009 I wouldnt let my dog stay there. The rooms smelled like mildew and the overall cleanliness was horrific!! The staff was very unpleasant and rude. It had been to no surprise to me that none of the staff from 2001 have been there. What Happened? How could a place change so drastically ? Well I will not be going back ever. I will prefer to sleep in my car next time.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank moro69

Travellers are raving about these Nashua hotels

MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2007

I stayed here in between selling my home and moving to another state because of a job promotion.

When I pulled into the parking lot I saw -but paid no mind to -a large number of tipsy, skinny, sunburnt guys pounding down bottles of beer in the parking lot while listening to loud music from a parked van. It was annoying for a while but after 9:30 P.M. the music stopped and I heard their doors clunk shut. I figured they were just hard working people who wanted to burn off the excess energy of a hard days effort. Except that it was noon.

I thought the price was a heck of a bargain until I actually checked into the "newly renovated" room and found that the room reeked of feet, filth and fumes. There was cigarette ashes everywhere in my 'non-smoking' room and the Air Conditioning was anemic at best. From the rusty faucet, mold in the bathroom, to trash behind the motel room door, EVERYTHING was filthy. The TV worked only intermittantly, but was probably due to passing storms.

What I was not prepared for was the completely untalented but totally determined guitar soloist in the room next to mine. After suffering through the night I called the front desk at 4:30 A.M. to see if they could ask him to please stop 'playing' his guitar... but nobody answered... I solved the problem by leaving for work 2 hours early.

On the plus side the hotel has a pool. So if you're willing to risk your kids getting crabs from the bedding for the memory of them swimming in cheap hotel pool, then this is the place for you.

If cleanliness is key, you're better off pitching a tent in a pasture somewhere.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — It was filthy
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank ChuckSnow5
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2006

We stayed here after we sold our house and were in the middle of moving across country. With all the expenses we couldn't see spending $100 a night on a place just to crash. We paid 45 a night. I guess you get what you pay for. The first few nights weren't too bad. The room was definitely dingy and smelly but it was doable. The last night we were there we flipped on the lights and to our surprise there were cockroaches. YUCK! When we checked out we told the front desk attendant and she didn't seem too concerned like this happenend regularly. I was a little upset that she didn't even apologize or say anything. She tried to tell us that they were beetles. Umm I didn't just fall off the back of a wagon I know what a roach looks like it was a cockroach. So needless to say I would never stay there again or would I ever recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2006
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2006

I have stayed at this motel twice due to the cheap price of rooms it offers. I believe we paid $65 for a room. They advertize a particular price, but when you get there you find out that that prices is only applicable if there is one person in the room. An extra person costs extra money. My girlfriend and I stayed here to get away one weekend in Nashua.

The rooms smell and the crowd that stays here is a little on the "shady" side. Both times we stayed here the rooms were clean, but they showed wear. I've stayed in a lot worse. There is really no compliants on the room unless you're a non-smoker that gets stuck in a smoking room--it smelled pretty bad.

Both times we've stayed here the hotel staff, which usually consists of one person at the desk, has always been very courtious. Check in without a reservation can be taken care of in about two minutes, which is faster than any expensive hotel you'd stay at. I'd recomment this motel for someone that's passing by and needs a place to sleep for the night. Its no honeymoon place, but you get what you pay for I suppose.

• Stayed July 2005