“Awful”

Tomo Hibachi
Ranked #184 of 279 Restaurants in Nashua
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed December 22, 2016 via mobile

This place used to be the Tokyo Steakhouse and it was delicious. Now it is simply awful. The fried rice had way too much salt and lacked flavor. The meat quality was poor. The chef was not properly trained and kept screwing.

Also, the place was very dirty.

Reviewed December 14, 2016

Restaurant was a little noisy and hard to have a conversation with the customers and staff. Opted not to eat in the hibachi room, but the noise was still loud. Sushi choices were ok. I would not rush back. Service was slow for a not so busy night as well. Prices were higher than expected and the quality of wine is not worth the prices

Reviewed November 6, 2016

So, in celebration of the kids' fantastic progress reports, the kids wanted to go to a Hibachi style restaurant. Unfortunately, our first choice was really busy, so we took in Tomo. I had always known it was there, but never reached the top of the list.

First off, Tomo would benefit from an update in decor. Lighting is pretty dim, and because of that, it gives off a sense of not necessarily being the cleanest of places. That said- while the tea cup my wife had was a little dirty, there was nothing else that showed us that it was an unclean place.

I've been to multiple hibachi places, and I've come to realize, the food seems to be essentially the same, and Tomo isn't any different. Seriously, the food tasted pretty much the same as the other half a dozen places I've been. So, the food was good.

The other reason to go to a Hibachi is the entertainment of the chef. Our chef didn't do anything that we hadn't seen before, didn't do a few things we come to accustomed to at these establishments, and certainly didn't do anything I haven't seen. Bottomline- it was ho hum.

I don't like to give average reviews, I appreciate the hard work the restaurant owners have to put in to be relevant. I think the food at Tomo's was good, my family all agreed the meal was good, I think that Tomo's needs to work on the atmosphere and the 'show' portion of the Hibachi experience

Reviewed July 31, 2016

Five of us went here for a Hibachi lunch and the food was very good as was the service (as expected not crowded) Would return again

Reviewed March 14, 2016 via mobile

I saw a bunch of negative reviews about Tomo Hibachi but my friend wanted to go there for her birthday. It was a Saturday night and there was hardly anyone there. The waitress came over and took our drink order. Some drinks came right away and others came twenty minutes later. This was the first sign that the place wasn't going to be great. Twenty minutes passed by and the waitress finally came back and took our orders. I ordered chicken tempura, and the hibachi special which is chicken and scallops. The chicken tempura came quickly. It tasted very bland. Thirty minutes later the chef finally came and started our hibachi. The chef was nice but he lacked the entertainment value that other chefs usually have. The food was another story. It was gross. I couldn't differentiate the taste between the scallops and the chicken. My friend ordered the steak and asked for it medium rare and they over cooked it. I ended up just throwing my food out because it was gross and hardly anyone I was with ate their food. One of the people in my party complained and all they could do was offer one person a free drink. I wasted 93 dollars on horrible food. No discount or anything. I will never be back here and I will never recommend their food to anyone. They need better service.

Been to Tomo Hibachi? Share your experiences!