“Better Ice cream place”

Hayward's Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Nashua
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Probably the most popular ice cream place in town. Quality , but not at the level of The Big One or Brewster's.

Reviewed June 21, 2017

Certainly a classic ice cream stand that's worth visiting if you're in the area. They've been around since 1940, and by the sight of all the cars and people on the premises, we could tell upon arrival that Hayward's had a strong following.

I had two different "small" cups of ice-cream: banana fudge and pistachio. Banana fudge was delicious. I ate that in a heartbeat. Pistachio, on the other hand, was mediocre at best. It was artificially green, and there wasn't the same irresistible taste that motivated me to finish.

Pricing at Hayward's is on the high side, at least compared to similar parking lot ice- cream establishments with high school employees that I've visited. The generously-served small ice-cream cost just under $5, for some reason only one dollar less than my son's sundae which, by the way, was served with one of those artificial maraschino cherries that most places stopped serving years ago in lieu of something natural. There were also a number of junk food options at not so moderate prices, like hot dog happy meals with toys.

We had a good time there for sure, but since half of my ice-cream wasn't great, and the value for everything was only average, Cherry the Wonderdog bequeaths an average three star rating to Hayward's Ice Cream.

2  Thank Cherry_Wonderdog
Reviewed June 21, 2017

Not as good as in previous years. I have loved the Purple Cow frozen yogurt for years - it is heavenly - black raspberry yogurt with oodles of chunky of white & dark chocolate. However, when I stopped by the Nashua location earlier this week the chocolate chunks were severely lacking. Actually, I thought that I received the wrong yogurt and perhaps had been given the black raspberry. The cost for a small cup with chocolate sprinkles was $5.29.

Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

This has to be, bar none, the best place to get ice cream in the Nashua area. The portions are big- well priced and the flavors just go on and on. If you are an ice cream fan- this is a must not miss

Reviewed June 6, 2017

I haven't compared prices but, i will remain loyal to Haywards! Hayward's has great Ice-cream, ample parking and very pleasant employee's! We often prefer to relax in our car while eating our ice-cream rather than going to an indoor restaurant. Hayward's has a proven track record and has been in the area for decades!

Been to Hayward's Ice Cream? Share your experiences!