The New London Inn
Fairway Motel(New London)
US$119
US$121
The Lake Inn at Mt. Sunapee(Newbury)(Great Value!)
US$99
Agoda.com
Sunapee Lake Lodge(Mount Sunapee)
US$159
US$169
US$161
GardenInn.com
US$84
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscolby sawyer collegeincluded in the room ratecoach house restaurantpleasant roomfirst floornice furnituremain streetrocking chairsfabulous restaurantfront porchblueberry pancakesrooms are clean and comfortableski stay packagedouble bedduring ski seasontown greenvenison
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I travel about 200 nights a year so I'm very used to hotels. Maybe I'm spoiled, or simply too used to Hampton Inns and Courtyard Expresses which have zero personality but are super new and spotless. This is an old inn, and it has charm. If that's what you're looking for it may be great for you. For me it was a bit of an inconvenience. I had a two room suite but both rooms were tiny, and there was only a tv in the sitting room which had only one, sort of uncomfortable love seat thing in it. So no good way to unwind and watch tv. Certainly I couldn't while in bed, which is what I like to do. And there was a public restroom right next to my room and every time someone used it I could hear most details of what went on in there. Other than that it was fine. Staff I ran into was nice, I'm assuming a student at the nearby college. Bed was comfortable and everything was clean. Still, it took me out of my comfort zone with the bad layout and the noisy bathroom.

Room Tip: Avoid Room No. 1 on the first floor unless you like to hear people going to the bathroom.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank CLLIII
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Stayed a couple of nights visiting friends in town and had a pleasant room in the Inn. Good bed, windows open to fresh air. Furnishings from another era,though more hand-me-downs then antique. Bathroom could use a renovation. A good desk for computer work would be helpful and a luggage rack for suitcase would seem a basic to any inn of this nature. Room could be re-freshed with new paint or wallpaper.Very attentive desk staff and most welcoming.

Complimentary hot breakfast was well attended to by service personnel and very good in comparison to other such buffets.
Evening meal in restaurant was excellent with many choices befitting such a nice town and country inn aspiring to be better.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank RMN123
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The rooms of the Inn are in desperate need of a major renovation to bring the whole property up to the quality of the Inn's public areas that were redone in recent years. While the website shows a updated guest room, nearly all of the rooms in the Inn are very dated and suggest that their designer did not the least bit of experience in interior design or the hospitality industry. Their is no color coordination, furniture is mis-matched, and wall decor is very unappealing. The bathrooms that I saw were especially crude. The rooms need immediate soft goods and hard good renovation. As is, the room prices are overpriced by about 50%.

New London is no longer the backwater that it once was. The owners of the Inn need only drive 30 minutes north and walk through the Hanover Inn and the Six South Street Hotel to have an idea of regional hospitality standards. The New London Inn capitalizes on the building's history, its view of the green from the dining room and Mount Sunapee in the distance, and the ambiance of a small college town, but the discerning traveler would do well to avoid staying here until the owners get serious about the industry they are in.

Room Tip: Drive to Hanover.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I stay in New London a few times a year because I have a son in a nearby boarding school. Even though the place has been recently renovated(it was dirty and shabby until recently), it still is pretty mediocre. The staff aren't very helpful, the beds are horrible and the pillows are hard pieces of foam. It is overpriced and not worth the money. The restaurant is decent but there are plenty of other places that are at least as good nearby.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I arrived at inn and the front desk was empty. After 10 minutes of roaming around, I found a phone number. I called it and heard it ringing in the back room. A man answered. I said "I'm here to check in". he said "check-in time is not until 3PM". "What should I do?" I responded. "Come back in 20 minutes" was his response and he hung up.

This is hospitality? he couldn't even come to the desk and start the process. surely by the time we finished, it would be 3PM.

I went to my car and waited the requisite 20 minutes. It's folliage season. where else would I go.

When I returned, the young lady at the desk could not find my reservations. She remembered the reservations. They were part of a block booking for a family event. She even remembered the name of the family. Because of the way they use their reservation system, it would not allow her to back track from the family name. She said she knew we had the reservations but could not find them.

I salvaged my trip by finding accomodations in Hanover.

In short, these people don't have a clue how to treat people or how to attend to the details of the hospitality business.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family