“COUPON FOR ANY LUNCH DUO AT $6.99”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #4 of 33 Restaurants in Newington
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Good for: Groups
Reviewed November 10, 2017

Olive Garden had sent an email with a coupon for Any Lunch Duo at $6.99. Who could resist?

On my visit, I got in just before the 3:00 PM cut-off for the lunch special. Using the coupon, I took the Reg. $8.99 Chicken Parmigiana Breadstick Sandwich with French fries and salad. The deal gave me $2.00 off.

It was fairly busy. It took about 20 minutes for my order.

The salad and breadsticks were excellent, as usual. I ate one and took the others home.

The Chicken Parmigiana was a bit disappointing. It was overcooked to the point where two of the edges were almost burnt, so they were very dry and very tough. I cut them off. The sandwich breadstick was good. The sub was very filling. I was able to eat only half.

Service from the waiter was good. The restaurant and restroom were clean.

It was also disappointing that I was not offered a sample of a house wine by the sommelier this time.

This visit was not up to par compared to my other visits to this Olive Garden.

I rate this visit overall at an even 3.0.

I‘m hoping that this was just an off day and not a permanent trend with this restaurant.

If you found this review helpful, please click THANK below.

Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

We had a ok birthday here. My daughters choice! Expensive for what it is. Overall average. Staff were friendly

Reviewed October 12, 2017

The chain is not for me, and this location was reasonably clean but still suffers from an overpriced, bland menu with few real options. The usual stack of sticky plastic covered menus make me sick right from the start.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

Average at best. Food was okay, but nothing to write home about. When my husband and I ordered, they offered breadsticks and asked if we would like marinara sauce, unbeknownst to us they charge $3.5!! for sauce! My meal was $9, I think almost 40% of the cost of my meal for a little dish of sauce is a complete and utter rip off! Not only that be warned if you play the little trivia games at the table it will cost you another $1.99 and it is very hard to see they are charging you until its too late.

Reviewed September 9, 2017

Armed with a gift certificate for Olive Garden, I headed there for dinner one night before vacation.

I ordered the Chicken Piccata with breaded zucchini.

It was about a 20-minute wait for my meal.

Meanwhile, I enjoyed the salad and breadsticks. The salad was fresh and crisp. I took a lot of grated cheese on it. The breadsticks were perfect, as usual.

The Chicken Piccata was absolutely delicious. It was not fried; it was grilled. That cut a lot of fat and calories. The finishing sauce had lots of capers and finely minced sundried tomatoes in a lemon garlic butter. It was on the salty side, so a little went a long way. The Parmesan-breaded zucchini was excellent.

Service was great. As always, the place was clean.

I rate this dining experience at Olive Garden at 4.75.

I highly recommend dining at this Olive Garden.

If you found this review helpful, please click THANK below.

2  Thank Maurene_K