“Great food and great service!!”
Review of El Rodeo

El Rodeo
Ranked #4 of 32 Restaurants in Newington
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 October 2017

We love this place... Been here a few times including the first week they opened back a while ago.

Arrived and were seated immediately by a very pleasant server. Complimentary Salsa and chips were brought to us right away. Salsa was great. Very flavorful and chips were thin and crispy...

We started with Nachos with steak ($11.95). These were great... Loaded with cheese and steak all throughout the layers of chips. Maybe a little pricey for the size as compared to some other places, but worth it!!

My wife got the Fiesta Salad with strips of chicken and she added shrimp($15). She loved it... Nice fresh, green lettuce. Nice and crispy. Plenty of chix and shrimp.

I ordered the Pollo Con Chorizo($15). Normally I don't order a chicken dish but I was hugely surprised by this one and would definitely order it again!! It's a breast of chicken covered with chorizo and a white cheese sauce served with tortillas on the side. You also get rice and beans. (I asked for NO BEANs and they came out with beans. This was the only issue we had here). Loaded with flavor!!! Even the rice was good and we find that most rice we get at Mex Restaurants are a little bland. Their rice is good!!

I also had a couple margaritas. Good thing my wife was driving. These drinks are served in a "jumbo" glass. They are huge!!! Nothing wrong with that!! HAHA!!

We will definitely be back to El Rodeo...

Reviewed 19 April 2017

We received a coupon in the mail for this restaurant. We decided to try it and we were pleasantly surprised. The food was fresh and well presented. The waiter was pleasant and efficient. The atmosphere is very casual. My only complaint was that it was freezing in the restaurant. Something that is easily corrected. We really liked this restaurant and will visit again.

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Very friendly staff, had TV's for the game, guacamole made at the table. Huge portions! Took most of the guacamole home. Much better experience then the last time. Satisfied

Reviewed 4 December 2016

El Rodeo is similar to other local Mexican restaurants. Good Mexican food, but not a place you want to drink at. Mexican restaurants just don't have it figured out yet. As a bartender, I know that liquor is all profit. There is absolutely no need to charge $15 for a Margarita. They do here and business will suffer because of it. Buy a $4 beer, but unfortunately, stay away from the WAY overpriced tequila. Food was good.

Reviewed 21 October 2016

Went back to this place today and enjoyed their free chips and salsa good margaritas for 2.99 and ordered lunch from their extensive lunch menu which are all reasonably priced and very good. They are currently decorated for Halloween which makes for a fun atmosphere especially after hours of shopping.