8 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.comUS$155
FindHotelUS$155
Hotels.comUS$155
1,613 results
All reviews kahuna laguna wave pool breakfast buffet indoor waterpark wii tournament loft room mountain view roasting marshmallows family resort eggs benedict game room kids running get away long weekend cookies new hampshire fire pit
Selected filters
Reviewed March 30, 2021

Stayed for an over night with my three kids and my sister and her two kids. Upon arrival our room was ready so check in was smooth but the minute we opened our room door the smell of vomit was so present it was made me gag. The kids loves the loft room and didn’t mind the smell. I told front desk about the smell and they came to spray some air freshener and helped beat the smell but we had to open windows to completely air it out. The kids loved the water park. We ordered the ninety nine for take out because I was told how awful the food is there for dinner. In the morning we went to their on site restaurant for breakfast and food was good but the staff was not. The kids did not want to leave and loved it there. Three days later, we all tested positive for covid. A lesson well learned, we will now not take anymore vacations until vaccinated. For granted we could’ve got COVID anywhere but I will not take a chance again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
kate brill-daley, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We apologize that your stay with us at Red Jacket Mountain View was not up to your expectations. Our mission each day is to provide the best possible experience and when that doesn't happen we appreciate hearing from you so we can immediately address the issue. All your concerns will be carefully reviewed and any that are needed will be made - we also hope you'll consider us again when you are ready to travel again.
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to speak with me and review your feedback.

Reviewed March 24, 2021

Kids were super excited about this overnight trip, which we took with cousins and grandparents after a lot of planning. Overall it was good, but there are some things that you will want to know ahead of time.

Positives:
Great location on the main drag in No. Conway
Check in/check out procedure was quick and easy
Sensible layout of the property
Water park had plenty to do over the course of a day or two
Lifeguards were all nice and seemed vigilant while on duty

Negatives:
Water in the park could be maybe a couple degrees warmer. Not like hot tub water obviously, but a tad warmer. More of a personal preference obviously but I've been to other water parks where the water was noticeably warmer, overall.
The "restaurant" on site is not worth your time or money. This is a resort targeting young families, so it stands to reason that families with kids will be patronizing, no? Kids "meals" do not come with beverages or a side, so by the time you add a $2.75 beverage and fries (granted, we should have asked, but still, they don't tell you it comes with nothing at all), your kids meals are easily over $10 each. Food wasn't great (DON'T order the pizza), and there's only like 6 or 8 tables in the entire dining room, so be prepared to wait a while for a table unless you get there right when they open at 5pm. Wait staff was very kind, but also very frazzled with having to coordinate orders for 3 different families and 3 different checks. Again, you'd think this was fairly common at a place like this - we're not talking about the Omni Mt. Washington here, which has a much different target consumer.
We didn't find the hotel staff particularly friendly. There were a couple nice ones here and there, but for the most part they didn't seem very gifted in hospitality, for lack of a better phrase.
My kids all came home with the same reddish skin rash, presumably from the water, and when they showered at home, they said their legs and skin were all "stinging". It was short-lived, and my kids don't have sensitive skin typically, so they're fine, but if yours do have it, keep this in mind.
We stayed in a townhouse, off to the left of the water park, as you enter the parking lot. These are in dire need of updating. Some repairs are needed, as you might expect, given the young families that are frequenting the resort, but I don't detract for that since the turnover is so rapid. But definitely could use some more modern amenities. We also were told they accommodate 8, but in fact they fit 7 without putting anyone on the floor. 2 double beds, a twin, and a pullout couch, which was terribly uncomfortable.
Outside the registration office, there are signs that say "No smoking within 50 feet of this building" but sadly it is not enforced. People were actually smoking right next to one of these signs, as well as several other points alongside the building as you walked past to go where you needed to go.

Overall - I'd say for an overnight, it's fine, but I'd never want to spend more than a night or maybe 2 tops in a townhouse. Maybe the hotel rooms were better but I wouldn't know.

Date of stay: March 2021
kate brill-daley, General Manager at Red Jacket Mountain View Resort & Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey and for the overall nice review. We do appreciate the detailed feedback from guests such as yourself - it helps us to see what is working and where we can do a better job.

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay and rest assured that we are listening and will do all we can to continually improve so we can make your next stay better than the one before.

Team Red Jccket

Reviewed March 19, 2021

I truly wish I had the time and attention span to detail out everything that the Red Jacket did for our wedding. We were married here on 3/6/21. The Red Jacked Mountain View is a one stop shop for a wedding, with the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception able to be held on-site. Molly Paven was our point of contact for our event and was amazing to work with. She handled everything with ease and a fantastic attitude. Everyone worked hard to make sure everything happened that we wanted to (even a couple last minute requests). We had the best day and were so happy to celebrate here.

Room tip: no coffee makers in rooms fyi
Reviewed March 16, 2021

We stayed at this hotel for a long weekend the first weekend in March of this year. We’d stayed there several times years ago with another set of grandchildren and liked it very much. Clean, attentive staff beautiful dining room and decent food. Kahuna Laguna was also great for the young grand kids. The last time we were there was in 2013 and I would have given the place 5 stars.
Not this time.
Covid was the excuse for just about everything that was wrong. The room was absolutely no better than one at a Motel 6. Plain and comfortable beds but (bc of Covid) no coffee maker in the room which I don’t get but ok. However, no coffee in the hotel unless you bought it in the dining room for $2 a cup. Really Red Jacket? You couldn’t supply coffee for free at $359 a night? No extra blankets and room service only if you requested it including fresh towels. For some reason, the Red Jacket thought it was a cool idea to put mini dumpsters along the hallway for the guests to put their trash (pizza boxes and everything else) in. Overflowing trash in the hallway is a nice touch. Not.
Kahuna laguna has not changed an iota in 10 years. It’s ok but don’t bring a child over twelve. The park is really geared for kids under that age. The hot tub never worked properly - jets fine but no ability for the bubbly water. Apparently that feature is broken. Also, many kids under 6 were in the hot tub including babies in life jackets and diapers. There were very few lounge chairs, again to socially distance, I assume but there were way too many people for too few chairs. Several of the lounge chairs are broken and basically unusable making seating difficult.
Palmer’s pub had terrible food - you will do much better at Burger King plus all plastic and paper products for plates, etc, again for covid.
All of the above was fine for a motel 6. Not for what is billed as a 3-4 star hotel “resort.”
The paper thin walls also added to the Motel 6 experience. Not sure what can be done about that but be aware and bring a white noise machine and the thermostat in the room was ridiculous. If you set it for 69, the AC went on. So we had to turn the heat off until it got too cold then get up and turn it on to 70 to get heat.
The one nice thing was even though there were many fewer tables in the main dining room that has a great view, the food there was good, service good and the cost reasonable.
Sadly, we’ll remember the Red Jacket not as we once did but as it is now. A very average motel with luxury hotel prices.

1  Thank Swampswummer
Reviewed March 9, 2021

Overall we had a very good time. Checkin was delayed by nearly 2 hours.they seem to have a hard time getting communication from the housekeeping staff that was doing the townhouses.we did get a complimentary breakfast for three the next morning to help make up for that snafu which was fine cuz it was a decent breakfast. We do recommend the townhouses simply because there's much less craziness that you have in the main hotel because of all of the kids there is obviously a lot of kids because of the water park.we did not do the water park for the simple reason is that there are way too many kids who are running around and not being properly taken care of by their parents who should have known what their job was which is called being parents.my parents would have belted as royally if we ran around like crazies like they were doing there. For kids without a doubt I'm sure they enjoy the pool area. I have to give the staff kudos for doing a really good job of controlling the madness that was kind of taking place cuz you had a lot of kids running around there and they seem to take it quite well.as I said though it's up to the parents to properly take care of their children and a lot of parents these days don't seem to do that.I guess like in those commercials I'm becoming my Father which maybe isn't the worst thing in the world. We would have liked to have tried the food for dinner when the covid is gone. What kind of gather they probably have a pretty good menu at that point. That being said they were plenty of restaurants in the local area to have a good meal.

Trip type: Travelled with family