“A Reuben to Rival NYC”

Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: Please check out our website for full details about our pub, up to date menus & a full live music schedule.
Reviewed October 12, 2017

My friend lives in Peterborough and while I was visiting she suggested we go to Harlow's because I was in the mood for a Reuben.
What-wah?
We sat outside which was a bit buggy but nice. The server didn't even flinch when I told her I wanted a medium color local beer. She picked out the perfect snappy beer.
I ordered my Reuben extra toasty and the pub delivered the best tasting sandwich I've had since my NYC Reuben.
The corned beef was lean and the sauerkraut tangy. Crispy toasted bread just as I ordered.
Why did I hold back and not give it 5 circles? The bathroom. Seriously, the one unisex bathroom with a urinal isn't what I want to see or smell when I go wash my hands. It was pretty gross, even for a pub.
The food and the server with average wait time is worth it though. So if bathrooms or smells isn't your deal either, just pee before arriving and use hand sanitizer!

Reviewed October 4, 2017

The folks at the Jack Daniels Inn told us about this place - where the locals go. What a neat place to have some good eats! Friendly staff. Quite the interestingly decorated bathrooms.

Reviewed September 14, 2017

We stopped here on the way to an event in Jaffrey. The pub was packed on a Sunday afternoon. Still, the service was excellent and the food and beer were very good. There were many families with young children...often a challenge in a restaurant. This pub has a very nice elevated stage that must be used for music performances. When we were there, it was loaded with a large variety of toys, suitable to children of all ages. Instead of creating a scene at a table, bored children went back and forth to play on the stage between bites. It was a good situation for all present.

Reviewed September 14, 2017

Eclectic and interesting place. Lots to look at! Food and service were good. Good selection of beer and wine.

Reviewed September 12, 2017

Came here on a Friday night... Of course, it was busy, but we got a table after about 10 minutes. After about 15 minutes, we finally got the drinks we ordered. Then we ordered nachos (chips with cheese literally nothing else) and dinner. The nachos took over 40 minutes to arrive. I'm talking, take a pile of chips, toss some mozz. cheese on them, get them in an oven for 60 seconds and bring them to the table. FORTY MINUTES! Then we waited for dinner..and waited for dinner... and waited for dinner. It finally came out about 35 minutes later AFTER I had to go in to complain to the manager on duty. We both ordered steak tips which were just mediocre...usually, they have nice char and a grilled flavor..not these. We were then told our meal was completely free and that our waiter had given us his one free drink for the night. So our dinner turned into quite the event (over two hours!). We didn't leave until 9:45 pm and missed grocery shopping, which was the main reason we went to Peterborough in the first place. Was not impressed this time around whatsoever....