“Lovely!”

Aesop's Tables
Ranked #10 of 37 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed July 3, 2017

Quaint, charming and adorable. Very nice food and drink, ambiance and service as well Highly recommend!

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed June 8, 2017

I had lunch here with a friend and it was a very busy place. The food is made to order or you can purchase some premade lovely dish options. I am a foodie and gluten free. There were several options to chose from as well as organic coffee and some very tasty desserts. I recommend going here for lunch and taking time to look at the wine selections (I don't drink but there were several options) and gift items. It is a sweet place to visit when in Peterborough conveniently located int he quaint Peterborough Village.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank Georgana P
Reviewed May 25, 2017

After a morning walk we ended up in the bookstore for breakfast. They make a very good cup of coffee and the orange-pecan scones were wonderful. My friend had the homemade cereal which was a granola-like mix and she exclaimed it was the best she ever had. There were breakfast bowl which were a variety of fresh ingredients and would make a good brunch. Then food service is in the front corner of the bookstore and is decorated with local artwork. A low-keyed small town find. You might even find a book to read.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed April 6, 2017

This is a really hidden experience you should not miss. Here in the middle of this great bookstore is this little cafe with a menu that will blow your mind. There is coffee and beautiful pastries, and muffins and cookies (oops got carried away) and there are lunch entrees you wouldn't believe. You can have soup, or soup and sandwich and what a variety. The person I met had a beautiful large cobb salad and curried split pea soup while I had a sweet potato and black bean wrap served with salsa. There must have been 6 soup choices and as many sandwiches. I noticed there was also a beef sandwich and a BLT so this is not just a vegetarian place. You can also just have coffee or a specialty coffee or coffee and a muffin (there I go again with the beautiful pastries). There are a few small tables here but you can also get your food or coffee to go. I think my sandwich with salsa and chips and a small coffee ran between $8 - 10. I sure wish I'd had a chocolate chip cookie.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Kathy A
Reviewed February 1, 2017

everytime we go, there are new offerings. great soup and sandwich place. everything is very very fresh and natural...clean food. i have always enjoyed it and will go back again.

Date of visit: November 2016