TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Room was ....there?....parking lot unplowed....very slick to get up driveway...specially tugging a trailer.....room smelt like a dead body in the mattress ..ever see the movie four rooms?... tv didnt work....floor felt like it was going to go through...no phone....no cell service....no microwave....no managment after 11pm...if there was ever a fire in building mind as well grab some marshmallows and watch it burn....rates were about same in area.......trail system did go through property so that was good......beds were horrible...curtains fell off trying to close......only was there to rest our heads and snowmobile....

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank stillen
buckrub, Owner at Buck Rub Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2014

Stillen,
I know it has been over a year for this response, I am just now getting on board with
Trip Advisor. In Pittsburg it snows just about every day. Because of this, there is a contracted person who plows with every snowfall. There are many times our driveway is very full, so plowing can be a challenge. I am sorry when you visited us this could have been the case. The units have been updated over the last few years. New mattresses and flat screen TV’s have been part of the updates. The kitchen offer stovetop, refrigerator, sink, microwave, and a coffeemaker. There is also someone onsite 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I am sorry that you were unaware of this. I am also sorry that you had such a bad experience here and would like to encourage you to give us another try.
Sandi C.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in February, great helpful and friendly staff. Adequate rooms and they were clean and warm. The problem was the bedding, and when I say the springs were sticking in my back thats the truth. VERY uncomfortable bedding... That said it's one of the best deals in Pittsburg, you just need to be able to sleep on the poorest quality bedding i have ever seen...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CHSLTD
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Nice sized cabin-themed motel with an excellent restaurant/bar - Buck Rub Pub. Staff is helpful and friendly. Excellent choice for fishermen, snowshoers, snowmobilers or kayakers. Pet friendly. Low rates, good value. Great location off Lake Francis and minutes from the Connecticut Lakes. Canadian border nearby. Moose viewing nearly assured up Rt 3N summers at dusk. Plenty of forest land and trails open to the public. Pub seems to be a friendly gathering place for both locals and tourists. Other restaurants close by. Cable TV, shower, kitchenette, ample parking for trucks and trailers, etc. Only cons are no cell service or room phone and Wi-Fi from local company is expensive at $7/day. Have been to this area before, will use this Lodge this summer (winter now) and recommend to others.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I have been traveling with my family of three boys for over 18 years. I must tell you, this is one of the most picture perfect getaways on the east coast. The view, the atmosphere, the cozyness, the privacy...I could go on and on. My oldest son, is now keeping up with tradition and taking his family there starting this winter. I can only wish that me and my husband get an invite as well. Outdoor activities are endless and the memories made will last a lifetime.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank LotsaLucy79
Reviewed March 4, 2008

Heard this was the place everybody goes after a long snowmobile ride, so after almost 7 hours of riding made it to the pub. Food and service was very good. Meanwhile rented a room for the night, midweek rate $50. We ended up in unit # 4, the room directly in front of the stairway everyone uses to get to their rooms. No shades on the windows (one in the door broken so it does'nt cover it, and this is where the beds are. (used the spreads to cover the windows) and the beds and bedding.....are so old and saged out. Think you had a sore back after riding all day it was impossible to get comfortable. I can say it was warm and clean but can't say I'd stay again.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jeepers_8