“Rustic, Close to Back Lake”
Review of Buck Rub Lodge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pittsburg
Buck Rub Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pittsburg
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We stayed here while the rest of our family stayed in a cabin on the lake because their cabin was pet-free, and we had to bring our dog.
Relatively clean, with a mini fridge, small kitchen sink & kitchen table, one bedroom w/double bed (one of those ones where you have to brace yourself not to roll into the middle), one night stand, and two twin beds near entrance.
The bathroom was small, with a shower stall so narrow that one could not bend over and often banged elbows when washing hair.
The windows were propped open with butter knives, with the thermostat turned all the way down. For a cold August night, that was a bit much, but once we shut the windows & turned up the thermostat, the small area warmed up quickly.
I would return if I had to stay up that way again with a pet.
It's a bit odd to check into the room at the bar in the Buck Rub Pub. This also meant that we had to cross our fingers that a physical check-out wasn't necessary, since the pub wasn't open in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
buckrub, Owner at Buck Rub Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2014

Kirsten,
Thank you for the information concerning the beds, I was unaware that the queen bed in the bedroom rolled across the floor when slept in. We have since put rugs under the beds that have the laminate flooring in the bedrooms. Our rental units have a separate bedroom, living area, kitchen and a ¾ bathroom. The units being the size they are could only accommodate a 36” standard shower and I apologize that this was inconvenient for you. The motel was built as an addition for a full service convenience to customers who like the availability of a restaurant onsite. Our goal was to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible without having a formal check out. However, should someone want to speak with a host, there is someone onsite 24 hours a day. Thank you for staying with us, your business is appreciated and we hope to serve you again.
Sandi C

Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

Room was ....there?....parking lot unplowed....very slick to get up driveway...specially tugging a trailer.....room smelt like a dead body in the mattress ..ever see the movie four rooms?... tv didnt work....floor felt like it was going to go through...no phone....no cell service....no microwave....no managment after 11pm...if there was ever a fire in building mind as well grab some marshmallows and watch it burn....rates were about same in area.......trail system did go through property so that was good......beds were horrible...curtains fell off trying to close......only was there to rest our heads and snowmobile....

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank stillen

Stillen,
I know it has been over a year for this response, I am just now getting on board with
Trip Advisor. In Pittsburg it snows just about every day. Because of this, there is a contracted person who plows with every snowfall. There are many times our driveway is very full, so plowing can be a challenge. I am sorry when you visited us this could have been the case. The units have been updated over the last few years. New mattresses and flat screen TV’s have been part of the updates. The kitchen offer stovetop, refrigerator, sink, microwave, and a coffeemaker. There is also someone onsite 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I am sorry that you were unaware of this. I am also sorry that you had such a bad experience here and would like to encourage you to give us another try.
Sandi C.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in February, great helpful and friendly staff. Adequate rooms and they were clean and warm. The problem was the bedding, and when I say the springs were sticking in my back thats the truth. VERY uncomfortable bedding... That said it's one of the best deals in Pittsburg, you just need to be able to sleep on the poorest quality bedding i have ever seen...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CHSLTD
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Nice sized cabin-themed motel with an excellent restaurant/bar - Buck Rub Pub. Staff is helpful and friendly. Excellent choice for fishermen, snowshoers, snowmobilers or kayakers. Pet friendly. Low rates, good value. Great location off Lake Francis and minutes from the Connecticut Lakes. Canadian border nearby. Moose viewing nearly assured up Rt 3N summers at dusk. Plenty of forest land and trails open to the public. Pub seems to be a friendly gathering place for both locals and tourists. Other restaurants close by. Cable TV, shower, kitchenette, ample parking for trucks and trailers, etc. Only cons are no cell service or room phone and Wi-Fi from local company is expensive at $7/day. Have been to this area before, will use this Lodge this summer (winter now) and recommend to others.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I have been traveling with my family of three boys for over 18 years. I must tell you, this is one of the most picture perfect getaways on the east coast. The view, the atmosphere, the cozyness, the privacy...I could go on and on. My oldest son, is now keeping up with tradition and taking his family there starting this winter. I can only wish that me and my husband get an invite as well. Outdoor activities are endless and the memories made will last a lifetime.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank LotsaLucy79
Reviewed 4 March 2008

Heard this was the place everybody goes after a long snowmobile ride, so after almost 7 hours of riding made it to the pub. Food and service was very good. Meanwhile rented a room for the night, midweek rate $50. We ended up in unit # 4, the room directly in front of the stairway everyone uses to get to their rooms. No shades on the windows (one in the door broken so it does'nt cover it, and this is where the beds are. (used the spreads to cover the windows) and the beds and bedding.....are so old and saged out. Think you had a sore back after riding all day it was impossible to get comfortable. I can say it was warm and clean but can't say I'd stay again.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jeepers_8
Reviewed 26 January 2005

This is a great place to stay any time of year. Just off the snowmobile trail and right on US Route 3 set back in a wooded area. The rooms are clean and comfortable and very reasonably priced. There is also a pizza pub with full liquor license on the property. They serve great food and even have a game room and entertainment. Great place to stay!!

1  Thank Joanna M

Been to Buck Rub Lodge? Share your experiences!