“Beautiful, cozy and comfortable”

Common Man Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Plymouth
Center Sandwich, New Hampshire, United States
“Beautiful, cozy and comfortable”
Reviewed 19 December 2011

This was my second time staying at the Common Man Inn, and it won't be my last! From the moment you walk in, you get the feeling like you've stepped into the deep wood lodges of yesteryear, but with all the amenities of a modern inn. The staff are wonderful, the rooms clean, spacious and well appointed and quiet (we couldn't even hear the holiday party going on below us in the function room). The onsite restaurant is wonderful, running the gamut of simple burgers to hand cut steak and fresh seafood. Don't forget to take some "me" time and make an appointment at the Spa, with the Aromatherapy Facial for her and the Uncommon Man for him.

Room Tip: The suites with the fireplaces are not only romantic, but warm and cozy!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
cmaninn, Manager at Common Man Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Thank you for your very kind and generous review!
We try to please all of our guests and we are ecstatic to read your reveiw!
We look forward to your next stay with us and you are right, treatment time at the Spa is a must! We added more pedicure tubs, so maybe next time treat yourself to a nice soak and foot rub!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Boston
Reviewed 9 December 2011

We loved our recent stay at the Common Man Inn. Within the first few hours, I knew I wanted to come back. Our loft room was amazing. It is very cozy with lots of pillows and homey touches. My daughter kept calling it the apt because it was so big. We enjoyed the indoor pool and waterfall whirlpool. The restaurant Foster's Boiler Room was delicious. We enjoyed our meal and the setting. Everyone that work there was extremely nice except the girl Jessica at the front desk. When I went to go book my return visit, she was not friendly or helpful. I tried to rebook the room we were in for my birthday weekend and she ended up booking us in the wrong room type nevermind the room I had asked for. Luckily I reviewed the reservation when I got home and had it corrected right away by Tina. I would have been really upset if I didn't get what I booked when I got there. Hopefully that won't happen to anyone else that has booked with her. Also when I asked her how much it would cost, she said I had to give a deposit before she would tell me the price which seemed strange. The breakfast cafe was really nice. The woman behind the counter was friendly and had great interaction with my daughter. I did not try the spa on this visit but plan to on my return visit. This resort was only an hour from Santa's Village which is a great spot to visit with children. Looking forward to my return visit!
The only con was there was a wedding party there and they had the rehersal dinner that night and the people next to us kept me awake from 11:30 PM - 1:00 AM which I was not happy about.

Room Tip: I really enjoyed the Loft room.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Boston
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We spent Thanksgiving here with our family of 2 adults, 2 children (11 and 13 y.o.) and had a great experience. The loft rooms are HUGE and very nicely decorated with a homey, cabin decor. The Thanksgiving dinner was a buffet which had a lot to offer everything was delicious. The staff was very friendly (with the acception of our check in girl) and accomidating. THe pool is small and more for relaxing in rather that taking a swim. There is also a beautiful hot tub with a waterfall. They have a spa with all expected spa services that we did not utilize but it looked very nice. I would love to come here again and bring along my doggies.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Bianca22Boston
cmaninn, Manager at Common Man Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 9 December 2011
Thank you for sharing your holiday with us!
We pride ourselves on friendly customer service; I apologize if this was not extended during your check in, we will be better the next time!
Please come and stay in the future and yes bring your doggies, for they are very welcome in our pet friendly rooms!
Lynn, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I was surprised by the very snooty staff at the front desk of the spa on Friday, 11.25.11. I had stopped in to see if there was a massage appointment available for the weekend. There wasn't which as it turns out was okay since the condescending woman at the front desk was a major turn-off.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank sawyersu
We appreciate your review, we relish feedback from our guests for it helps us continue to grow and improve!
We strive to provide exceptional friendly customer service and it saddens us that we were unable to provide this service for you.
I invite you to come back and experience our cozy, warm, friendly facility and staff, I know you will be pleased!
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
Reviewed 14 November 2011

My husband and I have been coming at least once a year since the inn opened and after a wonderful stay from 11/10 - 11/13 it is still doesn't disappoint. From the rustic comfy interior to Fosters Boiler Room it is still our favorite place to stay in the area. Love the heated pool and waterfall jacuzzi, great way to relax after a day of antiquing. The staff is always friendly, attentive, and welcoming and for the first time on 10 stays we got a peak of Fletcher the cat. We were beginning to think he didn't exist:)!

We were also able to try 3 different Common Man restaurants in the area and we very pleased with the quality of the food and service, the Italian Farmhouse is a "must do". As usual it was hard to leave but looking forward to a spring trip back to the Common Man Inn, Plymouth.

Room Tip: Third floor standard rooms have no elevator access so if you have a lot of luggage or are handicappe...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
cmaninn, Manager at Common Man Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Thank you for your review, we are so pleased that you return to the Inn year after year.
Fletcher will be your friend for life! When you return, look for him on the chair near the lobby fireplace, one his favorite spots.
We look forward to seeing you in the Spring.
Thank you!
Boothbay, Maine
Reviewed 27 October 2011

We went for an overnight trip to the mountains of Maine, NH, and VT, and selected the Common Man Inn in Plymouth for our stay, as they are a pet-friendly inn. Unlike some places that just tolerate pets, here pets are truly welcomed as special guests. When making the reservation, they asked for the names of our dogs. When we opened the room, there were two dog bowls with treats with their names written on them! Plus two dog beds! I love the separate wing for the pet friendly rooms, with a separate entrance. It was great to relax and not worry that other guests would be freaked out by dogs walking by. The room was just as attractive for the human guests too! Spacious, with a king size bed, gas fireplace, sink area outside of the bathroom with a long counter, a small fridge, easy chair and couch, plus tables and chairs. There is a door to a small private deck too. Simply lovely! We were there on a weeknight so it was very quiet, but our room (and the rest of the pet room wing) was adjacent to the parking lot, so might be noisy on a busy weekend night, with dinner and private function guests coming and going. Also, the inn is very close to the highway, so you can hear the trucks rumble by all night long. The bed was comfortable and the traffic noise did not interfere with a good night's sleep. We ate at Foster's Boiler Room, on site at the Common Man. This has a very nice tavern atmosphere, great bar, and nice dining spaces. The menu offers basic steakhouse fare, and nice touches like a choice of steak toppings. The appetizer "Camp Crackers" were great! More like a flatbread white pizza, and so good that it is hard to leave enough room for the steaks we ordered. We would come back. Our dogs settled in right away, as if they were at home. There is so much outdoor activity in the area that it makes a great choice for doggie vacationers!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travelswithlabs
Pets are guests too!
We do our best to make pets and their owners feel at home, pleased to read that we succeeded.
We look forward to seeing you at the Inn in the near future, a bone will be waiting!
NH
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We loved our stay at The Common Man Inn & Spa.
Our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer!

Room Tip: We loved the Inn's cat, but if you are allergic, beware, he seems to visit everywhere!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review, we wish you could have stayed longer as well.
Visit our website for monthly specials; some nice getaways!
If Fletcher, the cat, is ever an issue, we always have a cozy bed in the office for him.
We look forward to your futrue return!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
3.0 km away
Comfort Inn
#2 of 2 in Ashland
19.9 km away
Church Landing at Mill Falls

Been to Common Man Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!