“A Unique Place to Stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Plymouth
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A Unique Place to Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

We were familiar with the Common Man restaurants, and the inn shares some of their style. The lobby is cozy and rustic, with a gift shop. Our room was spacious and comfortable for the most part. I see it's been mentioned before and I have to agree that the mattress was lumpy and bumpy and not comfortable for two people to sleep in(meeting in the middle due to the slope) My favorite part of the Inn? Fletcher, the resident cat. He was so adorable in his lobby chair by the fire and even visited us in our room! He has quite the personality.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank visitNY
Jennifer T, General Manager at Common Man Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Thank you for your review, so pleased to read that you enjoyed our Inn.
Fletcher is a fabulous 'greeter', he always finds the guests that like him!
We look forward to seeing you at the Inn in the near future. Come again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Salem, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

As a parent of a PSU Student, I spent at least two weekends a year up at The Common Man Inn and Spa for four years. My daughter and I would have a girls weekend the weekend before Christmas every year. We would spend the entire day on Saturday shopping in Tilton at the Tanger Outlets. We would return to The Common Man Inn and Spa and treat ourselves to massages at the Spa. I would bring my two little dogs to spend the weekend with us, and they were always treated lie royalty, treat and doggie bed prepared for their arrival. The very first time I booked a room I asked for extra pillows. Subsequent visits ALWAYS had extra pillows in our room waiting for us. The staff couldn't be more helpful, we would always have dinner there on Friday night, followed by dinner at the Italian Farmhouse on Saturday night. Breakfast was
always delightful, and the staff never minded as I would take two mugs of fresh coffee back to my room every morning. I always felt like we were on "The Gilmore Girls" at Christmas time, especially when they had the ice skating available outside on the premises. In the spring we would repeat our weekend visit during commencement weekend. My girl graduated in May 2011 and since moved down to Tuscaloosa, Alabama for Grad School. I can not express enough how I have missed the Common Man Inn and Spa. What a very long year it has been without my treck's up there for my weekend away. When my girl returns to NH in May, I'm thinking we will have to have our "Girls's Weekend" sometime this summer. Thanks for a job always well done!

Room Tip: Downstairs is BEST when shopping and bringing bags in! Of course we bring our little dogs so we stay...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer T, General Manager at Common Man Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Thank you for your very kind review!
It pleases us that we are a 'home away from home' for a lot of the parents and students that attend the university and boarding schools in the area. We do our best to make our guests feel cozy & comfortable and it is so nice to read that we succeeded in this effort with you.
We look forward to seeing you and your daughter this May.
Like many of our guests, make your visit an annual tradition!
Haverhill, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I took my mother,sister and aunt for a package called " Shop til you drop". A weekend full of ohhh and ahhhsss!! Everything was perfect from the limosine to the hot tub and the spa was fantastic!!!!! The package included the limo the lunch in the limo and the dinner and continential b-fast.!!!So great. The trip also inculded the spa treatments! what a treat this was and we have already set a date for round 2!!!!!!! Please this little in is so cozy and woddy like I would recommend it all the way DO NOT HESITATE TO BOOK YOUR NEXT GETAWAY HERE! Dont forget to sleep with Fletcher!!!

Room Tip: The loft room was amazing!!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your fabulous review!
We had so much fun designing the package; 'Shop till you drop' and it pleases us to read guest's raving reviews.
You all looked as though you were having so much fun at the Inn & Spa and your reveiw confirms that.
Thank you again and we look froward to seeing you in the near future.
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Let me first start by saying I would have rated this place "excellent" if it weren't for the worn mattresses and the poor nights sleep I got. More on that later.

The Inn itself is very well-kept, clean and very cozy. Has the Lodge and Inn feel to it on the outside and inside. Tastefully decorated in a country style, equipped with a country store right in the lobby. The restaurants were very good and the breakfast omelets were amazing! Function rooms were very nice and you could tell this would be a great spot for a wedding or other special events.

The rooms were large with very unique country decor. Our room had two double beds and a sofa plus an enclosed porch. The bathroom had a sink outside the bathroom so two people could get ready at the same time.

Now the mattresses. Upon entering the room you could see the sunken impressions on each side of the bed where it looked like every "common man" had slept since the beginning of time. Some I guess would find that cozy but I did not get a good night's sleep. The next morning, I was walking down the hallway and peeked into a couple of other rooms as the maids were making up the rooms and saw the same thing in the mattresses so check your room out carefully.

I hope they change out the mattresses because it really is a cute place to stay and I'd like to go back some day and get a better night's sleep.

Room Tip: Check the mattresses in your room when you check in, some are very worn and have sunken impressions...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank SunSeeker62
Thank you for your reveiw, we always appreciate feedback from our guests.
We apologize if your night sleep was not as comfortable as you would have wanted it to be.
We know that matresses are a personal amenity and we do our best to please all of our guests. The 'sunken look' on the matresses that you refer to are our feather beds; which are an amenity that a lot of our guests love. However, when making your future reservation request to have it removed from your bed upon arrival and that may make your night sleep more sound.
Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you at our 'Cozy, Country Inn' in the near futrue.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

We went to Plymouth to see Taj Mahal at the Flying Monkey. I didn't know what to expect as the pictures online don't do this place justice. We stayed in the "Lodge" which is an incredible room. When you first open the door, you're in what is like any other hotel room. Bathroom to the the left light switches etc. You look straight ahead and there is an old wooden screen door. Um ok? You go through the screen door and it's like stepping into an incredible ski lodge. The bed is huge and the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The fireplace was nice. The staff is super nice and friendly. Omlets were killer! :-) and a great price. We are definitely going back! The room was pricey but I thought worth every penny.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are pretty big. We saw the room next to ours and it was pretty big for a standard...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bostonchris_11
Jennifer T, General Manager at Common Man Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 17 March 2012
Thank you for your review!
The Lodge room is one of our favorites! We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Inn and the show at the Flying Monkey Performance House. You must enjoy our Spa during your next visit for the full experince!
We look forward to your return.
Hooksett, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

The Common Man Inn is a very nice, rustic Inn. There is a bit too much going on in the lobby and on the walls for my taste but to each is own. The room was nice and comfortable. Good size, mattresses are showing some wear but the most disappointing aspect was the noise! Day, night, morning it didn't matter, there were dance classes for elephants going on above us the whole time we were there. Our room number was 225, so if you have a reservation, I highly suggest requesting a room far from 225. The Inn has no sound proofing at all, I am guessing it is the drop ceilings thru out. Sound travels above that type of ceiling. Needless to say, I went home and got some sleep there. So, I recommend the Spa, and the Inn, just request the room away from the dance classes for extremely large animals.

Room Tip: Stay far from 225, or any room with a level above it.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Montana2
Jennifer T, General Manager at Common Man Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
We are so sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay in room 225; it is one of our most requested standard two queen bedded room. I apologize for the noise above, we do have some one on the front desk 24 hours, so please feel free to call and we will take of the situation.
Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you in the futrue at the Inn, we promise a restful night!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

I went to the Common Man for a wedding and loved it! The room was a great size and very clean and comfortable. I loved the rustic vibe of the hotel and it made for a very beautiful fall wedding.

Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Emily M
Jennifer T, Manager at Common Man Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our Inn & Spa.
Fall weddings are our favorite; the charm of the restored old mill and the rustic decor are the perfect back drop to a fall wedding at the Inn.
We hope you will visit us again in the near future and thank you for your review!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
3.1 km away
29.9 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains
30.4 km away
Lake Opechee Inn and Spa

Been to Common Man Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!