“Common Man will surprise and delight you!”

Common Man Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 18 December 2017

From the moment my boyfriend and I accidently entered the Inn via the dining room, we knew our 2-night stay was going to be serendipitous. The head chef greeted us and suggested we come to their evening event - the Plymouth Taste and Ice Cream Competition by Plymouth State College students. We decided to attend the event and were excited that we didn't need to leave the Inn for a night of fun, great food, drinks and creative ice cream concoctions! Our room, The Lodge, exceeded my expectations. The rustic ambiance, 4-post bed, lit Christmas tree, bath robes waiting for us, and propane fireplace made it hard to leave the room. Rest and relaxation was effortless. We began our stay with massages, the perfect start to a brief stay. The pool and hot tub were refreshing and empty on Friday night! Dinner at Foster's Boiling Room was excellent. I recommend the pork chop, salmon, and beets & brussel salad. We spent Friday afternoon exploring the White Mountains via Kancamagus Highway. But, if we had never left our room, it would have been just as satisfying. On our way out, we were lucky to meet the owner of the Inn, who offered to take our photo by the fireplace in the lobby. Exceptional experience at a not-so-common inn! We'll be back someday soon...

Room Tip: The Lodge on 2nd fl is provides easy access to staircase leading to lobby and back stairwell leading...
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 November 2017

From the time you realize that the front entrance is in the back of the building - you start understanding this Inn is uniquely different. Our suite was large and comfortable as was the bed. The restaurant selection was varied - the food delicious. Great wine selection as well. Breakfast was just fun with the cook/chef humoring everyone as he cooked the eggs and giving the history of this old Popsicle stick factory. We will be back!,,,

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Terry A
Reviewed 29 November 2017

I found the Common Man Inn and Spa on living social, and decided I'd take advantage for a few nights getaway. As a City dweller, I came up without a car, and still managed to enjoy myself and take advantage of not only the Inn amenities, but the surrounding area also.
I had requested an early check in, and the inn accommodated that without hesitation, mid morning, and gave me a wonderful spacious room which was hidden away and made me feel like I had the place to myself! The room was cozy, the bathroom water pressure was great, and it felt like a retreat!
The inn feels like just the type of lodge you'd want to cozy up in and spend time reading by the fireplace. There are all sorts of nooks and crannies to explore throughout the building. I loved that they had books, puzzles, and games to borrow.
The Boiler room restaurant food was decent and menu expansive, and they had a great selection of local beers to try. Special thanks to Casey at the bar, he was great and very accommodating.
I'll definitely come back here next time my travels take me up to or through Northern NH!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 November 2017

We stayed at this hotel during a wedding weekend. We had 2 rooms booked (both king size rooms). Our had the view of falls/rushing water and opted to give this room to our daughter and her husband. The other room was just as nice (just no waterfalls out of our window). The whole experience was amazing. We plan on coming back to the Inn on our next visit.

Room Tip: So many to choose from - ask for the waterfall view or perhaps you would prefer a room with 2 levels...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2017

We stayed for one night midweek and really enjoyed it. We both liked the rustic luxury and all of the vintage photos on the walls. It was a very nice getaway and it seemed especially quiet since we stayed midweek. Everyone was very pleasant, including check-in, check-out and our breakfast at the cafe. If you get a chance and you're lucky enough to get to speak with him, Tom who made us breakfast is quite a character. He had us talking with other guests and made it seem like a small intimate hotel rather than a large chain where you don't look at or speak with any other guests. The Common Man is lucky to have him and he had us laughing and telling us stories. We didn't have a chance to use the spa, sauna, hot tub or pool but I believe we'll be back and that won't happen again. The only drawback for me, which is through no fault of the Inn, was the construction going on outside with vehicles backing up and beeping at 6:30 AM. The construction was out at the entrance of the driveway and I didn't really want to hear the beeping as 6:30 AM. Circumstances beyond their control. It is super conveniently located near the I-93 and Rt. 25/Rt. 3 and just north of downtown Plymouth. A very nice, if brief, getaway. I'd recommend it to anyone. We had a very nice and spacious room but we might go back for one of the specialty rooms like the Camp or the Lodge. I'd also like to hang in the lounge and have a dinner there. The hot tub looks almost like a grotto with stone work around it. Not enough time. Great people.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank toddc177
Reviewed 24 October 2017

This is a restaurant built into an old mill. It is on several levels, each giving the ambiance of an intimate setting. The food is gourmet at a reasonable price point. It is family friendly with linen tablecloths covered by butcher paper. The staff was friendly and attentive and knowledgeable about the food. The food was very tasty, filling, and well presented. Will definitely dine here again next time we are in the area. Will also be checking out their other locations in New Hampshire!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay at the Common Man very much. Had a great supper at their restaurant. Breakfast was also good, and complimentary. To add to our experience we booked his and hers pedicures in the spa, wonderful.
The place itself is a little old and quite rustic but it adds to the charm. The thing I enjoyed the most was the staff. To a person, they were so welcoming and friendly. I’d definitely go back!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jasubijo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
3 km away
The Lyme Inn
#1 of 1 in Lyme
1.9 km away
Red Carpet Inn & Suites Plymouth

Been to Common Man Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!