US$80
US$149
US$93
US$79
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

Comfort Inn(Ashland)
US$85
US$81
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

White Oak Motel & Cottages(Holderness)(Great Value!)
US$109
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

Mill Falls at the Lake(Meredith)(Great Value!)
US$189
Tea Rose Inn(Plymouth)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot tubgas fireplaceroom restaurantitalian farmhousenew hampshireold millrock waterfallwedding weekendpet friendly roomcontinental breakfastexceeded my expectationsshine cafeon site restaurantstandard roomtake advantagequeen bedfriday night
Reviewed December 19, 2017

I stay at too many Hampton Inns. I mean they are a fine chain and reliable, but it does not prepare you for an experience like The Common Man Inn and Spa.
First my room, named "Cabin". Ok, I open the door with a standard issue plastic insert key and encounter a small entry that leads you to an other door, this one is a screen door, I mean a real old screen door that reminded me of the scene in the Wizard of Oz when Dorothy exits her tornado tossed house to a full color, breath taking new world. I'm not going to spoil all the surprises, but just imagine sleeping in a king bed with a full size museum quality wooden Old Town Canoe across the top!
Sure the bar and restaurant are terrific and fairly priced, but take 30 minutes and just walk around the place and soak in all the history and the care taken to honor it.
I might move to Plymouth, NH just to be near this unique gem.

Room Tip: I would try and book any room that is "Named".
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Q7118ZJmichaels
Jennifer T, Manager at Common Man Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Hello Q7118ZJmichaels!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of The Common Man Inn & Spa. We are very happy to hear that your stay with us was comfortable and that you were able to enjoy one of our signature suites! We take great pride in our unique room types, and are happy to hear when others enjoy them as well. We look forward to seeing you back at The Common Man Inn & Spa!

The Common Man Inn & Spa Staff

Reviewed December 18, 2017

From the moment my boyfriend and I accidently entered the Inn via the dining room, we knew our 2-night stay was going to be serendipitous. The head chef greeted us and suggested we come to their evening event - the Plymouth Taste and Ice Cream Competition by Plymouth State College students. We decided to attend the event and were excited that we didn't need to leave the Inn for a night of fun, great food, drinks and creative ice cream concoctions! Our room, The Lodge, exceeded my expectations. The rustic ambiance, 4-post bed, lit Christmas tree, bath robes waiting for us, and propane fireplace made it hard to leave the room. Rest and relaxation was effortless. We began our stay with massages, the perfect start to a brief stay. The pool and hot tub were refreshing and empty on Friday night! Dinner at Foster's Boiling Room was excellent. I recommend the pork chop, salmon, and beets & brussel salad. We spent Friday afternoon exploring the White Mountains via Kancamagus Highway. But, if we had never left our room, it would have been just as satisfying. On our way out, we were lucky to meet the owner of the Inn, who offered to take our photo by the fireplace in the lobby. Exceptional experience at a not-so-common inn! We'll be back someday soon...

Room Tip: The Lodge on 2nd fl is provides easy access to staircase leading to lobby and back stairwell leading to the spa
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2017

From the time you realize that the front entrance is in the back of the building - you start understanding this Inn is uniquely different. Our suite was large and comfortable as was the bed. The restaurant selection was varied - the food delicious. Great wine selection as well. Breakfast was just fun with the cook/chef humoring everyone as he cooked the eggs and giving the history of this old Popsicle stick factory. We will be back!,,,

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Terry A
Reviewed November 29, 2017

I found the Common Man Inn and Spa on living social, and decided I'd take advantage for a few nights getaway. As a City dweller, I came up without a car, and still managed to enjoy myself and take advantage of not only the Inn amenities, but the surrounding area also.
I had requested an early check in, and the inn accommodated that without hesitation, mid morning, and gave me a wonderful spacious room which was hidden away and made me feel like I had the place to myself! The room was cozy, the bathroom water pressure was great, and it felt like a retreat!
The inn feels like just the type of lodge you'd want to cozy up in and spend time reading by the fireplace. There are all sorts of nooks and crannies to explore throughout the building. I loved that they had books, puzzles, and games to borrow.
The Boiler room restaurant food was decent and menu expansive, and they had a great selection of local beers to try. Special thanks to Casey at the bar, he was great and very accommodating.
I'll definitely come back here next time my travels take me up to or through Northern NH!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed November 28, 2017

We stayed at this hotel during a wedding weekend. We had 2 rooms booked (both king size rooms). Our had the view of falls/rushing water and opted to give this room to our daughter and her husband. The other room was just as nice (just no waterfalls out of our window). The whole experience was amazing. We plan on coming back to the Inn on our next visit.

Room Tip: So many to choose from - ask for the waterfall view or perhaps you would prefer a room with 2 levels??
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family