2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Sheraton.comUS$143
Expedia.comUS$143
PricelineUS$143
TravelocityUS$143
Hotels.comUS$143
Vio.comUS$143
1,566 results
All reviews club level self park new england valet brad conference elevator housekeeper
Selected filters
Reviewed June 20, 2022

We stayed here for a conference and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I read the reviews and I was concerned to stay here. In my experience, there was construction across from the hotel. I did not experience any observation of construction within the hotel. I stayed here several years and I was pleasantly surprised of the updates with great views. When you walk into the lobby it is pleasant, lighting could be better but it was inviting. Rooms were updated, sleek and completely and perfectly decorated - all was new. The lobby restaurant was nicely furnished and inviting. Not many tables and not crowded. U shaped bar and and always had people at it throughout the day; the servers and bartenders were kind and welcoming. The location was perfect and walking distance to everything in town.

Date of stay: June 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2022

I had booked a night March 25th for a one night stay using the Marriott website even using points to upgrade room. When arriving the room was not as pictured and the whole floor was a mess with white plaster handmarks on doors and all over carpets the housekeeping helped with footrest as that is one reason I booked room but the room was ok but the hall and walls and doors were a mess and dusty as stated by other reviewers .There were comments about any construction going on on the website.I am a Titanium Member I recieved 1000 pts upon arrival .I ended up leaving after 3 hours because of the conditions. I later learned that because I left early I was being penalized I received no Elite night credit and they took my 1000pts away but did not give back my 35.000 Bonvoy Points I used .I called and spoke to CJ Shaw(GM) he gave me a 1000 point credit in my account but my Elite night never showed up .after follow up with Mr Shaw he said he could not credit me Elite night because I left early.It was not my fault their Marriott was substandard to my Standards.

My opinion was that Mr Shaw was rude and did not want to listen to me why I left VERY UNPROFESSIONAL . To me he passed the buck blaming Marriott Corporation for his hotels substandard Conditions

Joseph Daly

Room tip: Call Hotel Before going so you will not be surprised with Construction Mess
Date of stay: March 2022
CJ Shaw, General Manager at Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2022

Hello Mr. Daly,

I understand that we spoke recently regarding your experience and your concerns with the Elite Night credit. Knowing that we issued the "points manually" to ensure that you had these as a gesture, we then discussed your "Elite Night" credit which was discussed as getting credit towards your number of nights stayed towards your Elite status, which you did not as you checkout out without staying and without penalty nor early departure fee. Your post specifies 35,000 points that were never discussed and you should not have been penalized for not staying, but rather not receive credit towards the number of nights stayed for your Elite Night Status. Marriott corporate was suggested when this was requested to be escalated, however, I am more than happy to make myself available and resolve any further Bonvoy point concern that may still be lingering. Thank you for your time as I look forward to seeing this though and regaining your confidence.

Reviewed April 11, 2022 via mobile

I recently had a very negative experience at the Portsmouth Sheraton, and I wanted to make sure to share this, so others going in this time period are aware.

I will say the staff was friendly as usually, but the hotel itself was not up to par, in any way. We checked in on Friday afternoon, and were unaware that construction was going to be going on. There was no communication during booking or checking in. Upon getting to our floor you were immediately hit with a wall of dust. Dust everywhere, drywall chunks in the hallway, and a smell that reminded us each time we opened the door, that we were in a construction zone. When we entered the room, for our ‘Harbor’ view, I did chuckle a bit since the room was newly remodeled, yet both windows in the room had broken seals, so the Harbor might have been there, but you could not see out the window, due to the broken seals of the window. At that point I decided to have a drink, and went to fill the ice bucket, and wouldn’t you know that the ice machine on the 3rd floor was out of order, so I then had to go locate one on the 2nd floor. This was all in the first hour of our stay, and we almost considered moving to another hotel. We however, opted to stay and meet our friends for dinner.

The next day we then found out that the standard housekeeping services were by request only, as was shampoo. Honestly I don’t recall ever having a negative experience at a Sheraton property, but this one may have been one of the worst hotel stays I have ever had. Just so this does not come off as an exaggeration, I have included some pics of the experience. I just wish the Sheraton would have communicated the situation better, so I wouldn’t have been left with this extremely sour experience.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CJ Shaw, General Manager at Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2022

MarkD6856,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent visit. I understand that we failed to achieve our goal and meet your, and our, expectations. Our renovation of all our guestrooms is near completion; we are in the final weeks in our last section, however I recognize how this has impacted your visit. Should you like to further discuss your experience, please reach back out to me directly as I would enjoy the opportunity to regain your confidence.

Reviewed April 9, 2022

I had booked a room in early February for a stay in late March & received multiple confirmation messages. Then, around 2 weeks before my trip to Portsmouth, I received an Email canceling my reservation with no explanation. The mgmt offered to switch my reservation to another motel located more than a mile away, in the middle of nowhere off the interstate. I did not find that to be an acceptable alternative. Does the mgmt not know how many rooms are in their hotel? Or was I bumped in favor of higher-paying guests?

• Trip type: Travelled on business

LuigiNewJersey,

Thank you for taking the time to express your experience in regards to your recent visit to Portsmouth. Feedback is always welcomed and I appreciate you informing me of such an unfortunate experience with us. I understand your frustrations as this does not reflect our normal operating performance and our guest should never suffer their expectations as a result. We strive to provide first class service and the best product possible to all of our guests and I apologize that we failed to do so. Should you like to further discuss your experience, please reach back out to me directly as I would enjoy the opportunity to regain your confidence.

Reviewed January 11, 2022

Upon paying for a refundable room and adhering to the cancelation policy, this business is going against their agreement and have stolen hundreds of dollars for no service provided. The BBB has been notified and I'm appalled by this sketchy odreal!

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BGhello
CJ Shaw, General Manager at Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2022

Hello BGhello,

I understand that you have concerns with the cancellation policy regarding a recent reservation with us at here at The Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel. I would be more than happy to make myself available to look further in to your specific situation and resolve any warranted concerns. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at your convenience. Our goal is ensure that our patrons receive the excellent service and prompt resolutions that they deserve. I look forward to connecting with you and welcoming you to our property for future visits to this area.