Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$101
Expedia.comUS$101
TravelocityUS$101
Vio.comUS$101
1,027 results
All reviews christmas tree shop within miles room was clean hot tub great stay the breakfast area hot breakfast free breakfast front desk staff new hampshire oatmeal would stay here again short drive indoor pool shuttle downtown lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed October 8, 2022

The hotel was nice enough but we had ants in our room, which were brought to the attention of management. We could see that nothing was done, as this is what we found when we returned in the evening. Also thought the price we paid for two nights was high.

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Dorothy C
Gregory Girtatos, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2022

Thank you for the review. We do apologize regarding that incident and the miscommunication of you not moving rooms.

Reviewed September 22, 2022

I booked my stay (Tues-Saturday) at this Hampton Inn, as I was going to be in town for a family funeral. I booked a king room. When I arrived, they gave me a room with two double beds. There were dirty q-tips on the floor. When I called down to the front desk to let them know it wasn't a king room, no one responded. I tried again a few minutes later. Still nothing. I then went downstairs to tell the front desk who flatly told me that there were no more king rooms, there was nothing she could do, and no, I would not be given a refund. When I insisted I'd paid extra, she curtly told me there was nothing she could do and to talk to the manager the next day. The next day, I came downstairs, and explained the situation to the front desk gentleman (not the guy with the beard, the younger, clean-shaven guy.) I said, again, that I'd paid for a king room and if they didn't have it and wouldn't move me, to please refund me, or do something, as I'd given the motel almost $1200. He flatly refused, and when I got upset, had the audacity to tell me I was being rude. When I told him the room was dirty (q-tips on the floor, a suspiciously sticky hairdryer handle) he shrugged and said nothing.

Here's the thing: I work in a customer service field, and when you're wrong, you admit it, and do everything you can to make it right. if you don't have the room I reserved (and paid extra for), or the room is dirty, you bend over backward to make it right. Instead, everyone was dispassionate, and peeved that I was complaining. But under 95% of situations, I'm not a complainer. When I called Hampton Inn's customer service line they told me there was nothing they could do until my stay was over. That means, I'd have to stay another three nights with no change. It's unconscionable. I'm a Hilton Honors member but will never stay at a Portsmouth Hampton Inn again. Even if the staff hates their jobs, the least they could have done was be sympathetic and tried to make things better. (I don't know if the fact that I'm a young woman made it worse, they were much nicer to my father when he spoke with them about his own room.) Truly terrible (not to mention gross) experience. Find somewhere else.

Date of stay: September 2022
1  Thank yardenaa
Gregory Girtatos, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2022

I am very sorry to see this happened during your stay. This is the first I am hearing of something like this happening. Would you please email me at ggirtatos@girihotels.com and I would like to make this right.

Reviewed September 21, 2022 via mobile

I really liked the "tucked away" location and walking distance to Christmas Tree Shop and Bed, Bath and Beyond. Also very easy to get to the Fox Run Mall. Clean property both outside, lobby and room. Sheets were super soft and beds pretty comfortable. Had fridge and pod style coffee in room. AC/heat unit was making some loud noises, fan mode worked fine. Breakfast was good with ample seating.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review, we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed August 13, 2022

The staff at the desk was friendly and eager to be helpful. Alisha and Joanna (not sure if that’s the proper spelling) could not have been any nicer or more helpful. We needed two rooms on the same floor “near” each other. We were accommodated with side by side rooms. Room is very, very basic. It was clean, and it was comfortable enough for a 3 day stay. It probably had the best walk-in shower in a hotel that I’ve had in a long time. The indoor pool (no outdoor pool) area is another story. The heat in the pool area was so bad, they had to open the windows.....except they were only able to open about 3 inches. The doors were locked so there was no access to the outside patio area. It was brutal in there (and this was in July).....I exited after about 30 minutes as it was becoming hard to breath in there. Their breakfast is very minimal, but efficient to get you going in the morning......that is if they refill the trays!!! Breakfast runs till 10:00 am, but at 9 o’clock one day (after waiting about 20 minutes) I asked the young lady working the food station area when they would be bringing out more oatmeal. She informed me they only make it once every morning. The next day by 9:15 there were no more eggs. Needless to say.....the eggs too were never replenished either! They have some cold cereal, make your own waffles, 2 or 3 fruits, yogurts, 2 types of bread a meat (usually sausage or bacon) eggs and oatmeal (maybe on both of those if you’re awake and downstairs by 6:30 am). Best part was (Monday to Friday) the managers “cocktail hour” in the late afternoon (beer, wine, lemonade, soda or water and a bag of snacks) and the warm chocolate chip cookies. Nice touch! Hotel is set back off main road within other stores/buildings parking lots.

Date of stay: July 2022
Hampton Inn Portsmouth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2022

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to our review. We take feedback like this seriously and will use it as a learning block to make the experience the best we can!

Reviewed August 5, 2022

This was a very nice and comfortable hotel to stay for both the Portsmouth and York harbor areas, which are a very short drive. We went with out dog and enjoyed it very much. The hot tub was decent but a little old, but otherwise we would stay here again. Very nice staff.

Date of stay: August 2022
Greg Girtatos, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2022

Thank you very much for the review! we hope to see you back soon!