“Outstanding experience! Great staff!”

Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel & Suites
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed 4 May 2012

My wife and I just stayed here for two weeks while adopting our son, and were thoroughly impressed with how warm, friendly, and helpful the staff were! Jill (the Director of Sales) was extremely kind and upgraded us to a HUGE suite for no additional fee so we would be more comfortable. The staff went out of their way to ensure we had everything we needed, and having the diner attached to the hotel made it so convenient to grab meals (breakfast served all day, great food, combo of great tasting but less healthy and salads - my wife loved the spinach salad). There is a hallway that connects the hotel to the diner so you don't even have to go outside if it's raining or cool, which it was during our stay. The location was perfect for getting on and off the highway quickly, but as someone else noted, we never heard any road noise (and we're both light sleepers). The free wi-fi was a huge plus, and the prices were excellent for the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 24CountriesNCounting
trafficcircle, General Manager at Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Thank you so much for the kudos! We enjoyed having you here and meeting your newborn! Jill is a wonderful member of our team; you can tell she loves her job and the folks that come into the hotel to stay. We are very fortunate to have her! Whenever you come back to the area, let us know as we're here to help!

Reviewed 5 April 2012

My wife and I recently had a chance to stay at this Best Western in Portsmouth,NH and what a very nice place it was. The staff went out of their way to see that we were well taken care of. A map of the city was provided, a life saver, for Portsmouth has a lot of oneways, alleys,parking here but not here. The staff told us which streets to use, where to park,etc. the room was very nice, and well priced. We will use this hotel again if we ever visit this city in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CTSunFan
trafficcircle, General Manager at Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments! We are very fortunate to have a fun and knowledgeable front desk staff! Many staff members have been with the hotel for many years! Glad that we could assist you and hope to see you return very soon!

Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed here in one of the suites for 2 weeks and it was great. The suite was big, bedroom is separate and bath has a whirlppool tub. Only problem was my showerhead was not good. Kitchenette has stovetop, micro, fridge, toaster oven and some dishes/pots. Also hotel has a diner which has good american type food and delicious desserts. The front desk staff was very friendly. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2012
trafficcircle, General Manager at Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Thank you so much for spreading the word about our great one and two bedroom suites!
I do hope you mentioned your showerhead problem with the staff as we'd certainly like to resolve any issues so that future visitors enjoy their stay with us! We all hope to see you again sometime in the near future! Thanks again!

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Great hotel we stay in when we travel this part of the coast, Hampton beach is very close by and a must see during the in season summer months, also close to new hampshire international speedway, and many Portsmouth hotspots, a great hotel with nice hosts, a great pool and hot tub, will stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
trafficcircle, General Manager at Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Thank you so much for the kudos! We appreciate your comments and hope to see you back here this summer....or maybe even sooner!

Reviewed 2 February 2012

Finding a nice inexpensive hotel in Portsmouth N.H has always been a difficult task for me.
I was surprised to get such a pleasant hotel not far from Portsmouth center for less than $80 a night. While the hotel does have an indoor pool it was under repair (Feb. 2012).
There is also an excellent exercise room with better than average equipment.

Room Tip: We had no noise issues even though the hotel is right off the highway.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank plusbabs
trafficcircle, General Manager at Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2012

We are so happy that you were pleased with the accommodations here! We pride ourselves in making our customer comfortable at a reasonable rate! Thank you for noticing! We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 3 January 2012

I made a reservation for this hotel and told them I had a dog. Several times.

When I arrived, I checked in, like I usually do, brought the bags to my room and then brought the dog in.

When I brought in the dog, they said, "You can't keep a dog here." And I said I told them I had a dog. I didn't mention it when I checked in because I never mention it. It's never a problem because I mention it when I make the reservation."

They told me I had to leave and that was really a bummer because I had just driven 8 hours and lugged all of my bags (and the dog bags) into the room. I was exhausted.

When i protested, they got really rude. I told them I had no place to stay and it was a weekend evening in the high, summer season.

They said "tough".

This is one of the worst Best Westerns I have ever engaged with.

The room looked ok for the 2 minutes I was in there, dropping off bags, although there were a bunch of burly looking bikers next to my room, on their porch area, drinking and being loud. I didn't feel comfortable about that when I entered my room and was really glad that my dog would be staying with me that night.

But we never got that far.

In my exhaustion, I was sent away and forced to spend the next couple hours hunting around for another place to stay.

Also, this place was overpriced.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Leslie L
trafficcircle, General Manager at Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

Dear Leslie L:

I was shocked and sorry to read of your experience here sometime last August. We all love pets, but unfortunately, we have never allowed pets in this hotel.

Your treatment by the staff sounds very foreign to me, but I do apologize for any misunderstanding and any mistreatment. There is certainly no excuse for any rudeness and I will discuss your experience with the staff here.

August is a very busy month for us and we do get a lot of folks that enjoy a good time. The staff makes it a point to break up anyone who may be a tad rowdy and usually people do cooperate. Your safety is of our utmost concern.

I do appreciate your sharing your comments to us. I would only hope that you will try us again and call me directly at 603-436-7600 so to arrange a reservation in the future.

Truly,
Jane H. D.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Each year we come here the week before Thanksgiving, to enjoy shopping in nearby Newington, NH and the outlets in Kittery, NH. Our stay at Best Western Wynwood Hotel and Suites has always been very comfortable, with a pleasant and helpful staff. This year, we were pleasantly surprised with our room. It was spacious as always, but it also had updated counter tops, and shower, as well as a very nice cupboard that hid the refigerator and held the microwave. The lamps and bedding were very modern, the bed was extremely comfortable. The room temp was controlled by a wall mounted thermostat, we didn't have to struggle with any loud contraptions like some hotels have. The only downers was that housekeeping didn't provide full bottles of shampoo and conditioner, it looked as though they were the bottles that had been left by the previous room occupants and I wasn't about to use them and housekeeping did leave a tiny bit of trash on the bathroom counter. But I in no way felt like I was in a dirty room. Also, a continental breakfast is no longer served because there is now a restaurant which occupys the space next door. Both, no biggy in my book. I will be back next year!

Room Tip: You can choose from standard or superior room, the superior room is just a little larger- standard i...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family