1,009 results
All reviewsheated outdoor poolcontinental breakfastbagelsdowntown portsmouthnew englandroad noisecoffee makerhard boiled eggsroom was spotlessgreat place to staywould definitely stay here againfridge and microwaveminute driveone night stayfront desk staffconvenient locationflat screen tv
Reviewed October 3, 2017

On our travels, unless we're staying at a luxurious resort, we choose an overnight motel or hotel for location, quiet, comfort, cleanliness and value. Port Inn in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, checked all the boxes. Located at 505 U.S. Highway 1 Bypass, convenient to the John Paul Jones and Rundlet-May houses, the 56-room establishment is a great place to rest and relax during your visit to historic Portsmouth. We chose a King Room with a king-sized bed and 32-inch flat screen HDTV, a spacious room, comfortable, clean, quiet, well-appointed. Add a friendly and helpful staff, an excellent complimentary continental breakfast and dry cleaning and laundry service (always a welcome bonus for travelers who are on the road for three or four weeks). Not to mention a good value. Everything you want to see is within walking distance or a short drive. After dinner, you can sit in the terrace garden, smell the salty ocean air and jot down notes for your TripAdvisor reviews. Oh, my wife reminds me that she loves the Starbucks coffee in the room. We definitely made a good choice.

Room Tip: At Port Inn, it's all about comfort and cleanliness and quiet and location
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Taylor B
Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here a few nights as well traversed New England on our annual vacation. The Port Inn is a small, quaint, quiet place to relax at the end of your day. They welcomed us and made sure our small dog felt at home with dog treats and a dog bowl. Coffee, breakfast each morning was always welcomed. Just great place to stay if your in the Portsmouth, NH area.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marlinda s
Reviewed September 30, 2017

I have stayed in Ascend Boutique hotels in various states and have never been disappointed. True to form, I was not disappointed.

First off, I enjoyed the convenience of parking in front of my room. I felt the area is safe enough to stay in a ground floor room. No problems at all. (Would I stay in a ground floor room in Dallas?? NO!)

The rooms are large enough to hold a queen size bed or two doubles. The queen bed is very comfortable and made with quality linens. The room has a nice flat screen television with a good assortment of channels.

The bathroom is nicely renovated with marble on the counters and which also surrounds the shower. The bathroom was spotless and was equipped with shampoo, conditioner and lotion. The linens are a nice, thick quality.

There is a coffee maker with Starbuck's coffee and assorted tea bags. The refrigerator and microwave are always handy.

The Port Inn offers a continental breakfast buffet in the small reception lobby. There is a computer and printer available for guests, also.

There is a nice, small pool area in a nicely landscaped area on the backside of the property.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CtYankee51
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Alexa was a very very big help and an excellent receptionist! She was fast polite and very courteous. Also helped me fix a couple of things for my membership showed me how to use the Trip Advisor app!! She is an excellent receptionist and deserves to be compensated for her well mannered and courteous personality! Great asset to your business...

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

Nice place to stay. Clean and convenient location to the beach. Steven the GM was very helpful and knowledgeable of the site seeing locations. Definitely coming back next year. The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. The pets were quiet! Continental breakfast was fresh and delicious.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple