2 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$115
Expedia.comUS$115
TravelocityUS$115
1,197 results
All reviews bagels new hampshire outdoor pool one night stay front desk staff free breakfast parking lot motel lobby kitchenette downtown highway
Selected filters
Reviewed August 22, 2022

Hair in the sheets of the bed and on the pillow cases which I had not been on, I only noticed when I was about to crawl into bed for the night. Advertised as a beautiful motel with a pool, however the pool was closed when I got there (which was not mentioned when booking the room). Had I known, I would have gone somewhere else that had a pool, as this was the main selling point for us. Mold in the ice machine. Dirty black handprints on the walls of my room. Fridge in my room was broken- freezer would not shut, and the door kept falling off. Bugs in the bathroom. Door to the room had several metal pieces nailed onto it, making me believe it has been broken into before. Man sitting outside of our room in his car smoking when we got there, when we left for dinner, and when we returned from dinner- which gave us an unsettling feeling as he was right in front of our window (and making us breathe in smoke).
Despite all of this, we looked past it and decided to make the best of it by going downtown Portsmouth for dinner. The uber said to us, "I would not recommend this place to my worse enemy." When we got back to the room, we were going to go to bed, which is when we saw the hair in our beds, and that was our final straw. The front desk employee was rude beyond words and refused to give us another room or our money back. We had not been in the room enough to use it, as we dropped our stuff off and left (and didn't even utilize the pool because it was closed), yet they refused to give our money back and were VERY rude on top of it all. So, at 11pm, we had to drive an hour back to our house because we had no where else to sleep. Our little getaway turned into a disaster, and costs us several hundred dollars for nothing.
Overall: rude service, false advertising (no functional pool, gross rooms, moldy utilities), used sheets that had not been changed, and rude employees.
Save your money and a headache, and just go somewhere else. Sleeping in my car would be a better option than sleeping in this motel.

3  Thank jengU7122HR
Adele Scenna, Guest Services / Front Office at Port Inn And Suites Portsmouth, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2022

Although your feed back is greatly appreciated, I am terribly sorry for your inconvenience. It is not our practice to have rude staff, nor hair or dirt in our guest rooms. I'm not sure why you were not able to change your room but I can assure you our property is a welcoming safe and clean environment. Please come for a return visit so that I may show you a pleasant getaway. You may ask for me personally.
Adele

Reviewed August 3, 2022 via mobile

Staff were helpful and the breakfast had a range of options including bagels, cereal and yoghurts. The hotel is about a half hour walk into downtown where there are lots of lovely restaurants and shops. There is a pool and small terrace area with seating. The room was clean but decor is pretty tired. Would recommend as a stop trip if you are in the area.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Adele Scenna, Guest Services / Front Office at Port Inn And Suites Portsmouth, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2022

Thank you for lovely review and recommendation to stay at the Port Inn and Suites Portsmouth. I'm happy to hear your stay was a pleasant one. I hope you will return in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed July 25, 2022

We were in Portsmouth for a reunion and quite some time in advance booked the Port Inn. For our purposes it worked out well. It is in a location very easy on and off of 95, but it is NOT in the historic downtown area and it would be a long walk. it is pretty much located on the Portsmouth Circle which is a travel rotary and a busy road. The room was clean and comfortable. There were two issues, first the tub did not drain well and it is never pleasant to be showering in ankle deep water. the second issue was the AC unit sounded like a truck revving up every time it turned on, very noisy. We did not utilized the pool, but it looked nice. Breakfast was lackluster so we chose to find a diner. Overall it was completely suitable for the price and our needs.

Date of stay: July 2022

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Port Inn and Suites. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I thank you for the input regarding the A/C unit, I will be sure to have someone attend to that. I'm sorry you were not pleased with our breakfast although we do have an array of items: breakfast sandwich's, yogurts, hot and cold cereals, bagels, muffins, pastries, home made waffles and more. I hope you will visit again soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed July 12, 2022

It's a motel, not a hotel. And a poorly maintained, overpriced one at that. Despite the hardworking and personable staff, this is a depressing place to stay. Ripped and stained carpet on the stairway and an overall tired feeling don't do much to help the aging-motel vibe. Two of the three stairways between the first and second levels were blocked off. (Is that even legal? It looks like a fire hazard.) When I asked about the outdoor pool, I was told guests "weren't supposed to use it" because of a problem with the filter, but that people were using it anyway (which they were).
The rooms themselves were not bad (bedding, at least in our room, was of high quality), and the self-service breakfast was decent. But staying here is not a pleasant experience. I was happy to leave.

1  Thank janjee
Greg Girtatos, General Manager at Port Inn And Suites Portsmouth, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2022

We apologize your stay wasnt up to par. We use reviews liek this to help us improve. Thank you for the response

Reviewed June 25, 2022 via mobile

All interactions with staff were friendly; the rest was a shambles. No bath towels provided. Room not clean. Unsightly construction on unusable staircase next to our room. Filthy pool, with no towels provided (a theme apparently). Hilarious sign at pool says if there’s an emergency, use the lobby phone (far away). All this for a nightly rate of close to $300. Outrageous.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Greg Girtatos, General Manager at Port Inn And Suites Portsmouth, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2022

Thank you for mentioning the staff and for the review. We strive to become better everyday.