Open today: 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Discover Portsmouth Walking Tour

My husband and I signed up for the 10:30 am Downtown Portsmouth Walking Tour on a rainy, cool... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Mobile584473
Christmas time

We had such a great time looking at the gingerbread houses and exploring the gift shop. The staff... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
jessiestruth
Albany, New York
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Portsmouth
from US$80.00
More Info
from US$135.00
More Info
All reviews walking tour art exhibits starting point history teacher short film nice gift shop great place to start high quality items tour starts visitor center great overview great art featuring local wear good shoes tour leader enthusiastic guide welcome center
Reviewed July 9, 2018

The Discover Portsmouth walking tour was a fun and interesting look at the history of the area. Our tour guide relayed the significant historical events with a side of personal family history. We enjoyed the walk.

Reviewed July 8, 2018

This walking tour of Portsmouth was very informative and Jeff (retired history teacher) was a great guide. It was fascinating to hear the stories behind the buildings/monuments. I wished he had spent more time at the African Burial Ground exhibit--I went back on my own afterwards to see the whole thing--it is very moving.

Reviewed July 7, 2018

Easy walking tour of the downtown area. Learned about the history of Portsmouth and the building preservation efforts. Bring your own drinking water though, unless you want to buy it.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

nothing like spending alone time with you husband for 47,years the service is great and this place is so clean ,Im pretty lucky to have a man who trewts me so loving and caring and has worked his fanny off to take care of me and he dont hold his hand open for anyone to give him money all the time he dont want anything unless he works for it .

Date of experience: June 2018
3  Thank sandy W
Reviewed July 5, 2018

It was my first time to Portsmouth and this tour was a great introduction into the history and area of Portsmouth. Our tour guide, Jeff, was very knowledgeable and answered all the questions that were given (even about a building that he originally didn't talk about, the Athenaeum). I'd definitely recommend this tour to anyone who visits!