“Yummy!”
Review of The Library

The Library
Reserve with OpenTable
The Library is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 205 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 16 May 2016

I went here a couple nights ago for a dinner of (2) and was very pleased. Staff was wonderful, food was excellent, and the environment was neat!I would recommend this restaurant for a nice family dinner or a romantic dinner. I had the sirloin which was phenomenal, one of the best, if not the best steak I have ever had. The garlic bread provided before dinner was yummy as well! Only thing was our appetizer was relatively small for the price paid…. Still was great though.

Reviewed 5 May 2016

Had a tasty meal here and you're surrounded by books! This makes for interesting conversation instead of watching TV at dinner!

Reviewed 3 May 2016

Best steak in Portsmouth! We have never had a bad meal or drink here. Elegant surroundings remind you of the old hotel. Bringing your tab at the end in an old library book is a great little detail. My husband and I highly recommend this establishment for a special occasion or just a great meal sitting at the bar.

Reviewed 2 May 2016

The staff was great. We ate of bar menu and were impressed. Try the mashed cauliflower. The atmosphere was off the charts. The ceiling were 15 feet high. The woodwork was elegant. Food great as well. Oh there is street parking right outside which is nice in Portsmouth as parking can be tough.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Our plans changed somewhat last minute and instead of hosting a large Easter dinner as usual, I ended up wanting to just go out for a nice meal with my mother. She doesn't like brunches, and I was able to secure an early afternoon reservation at The Library that week. I had never been. It was beautiful - the building is amazing and we were lucky to grab on-street parking. We weren't interested in ham and had plenty of options. The food was delicious and our server was friendly and helpful. We never felt forgotten despite very large parties around us.