“Great Pizza ”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

Great location for pizza and a beer. An eclectic range of toppings available and a great beer list. Always on my schedule when I'm in town.

1  Thank David A

Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

Decent flatbread style pizza. Many varied options including vegan. Server was very nice. Atmosphere is casual and large groups can be accommodated. Kid friendly. This is a chain operation but the downtown location in an old Montgomery Ward store is not typical of a chain restaurant. There is a bar with craft beer selections.

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

This place was reasonable, cheap and fun.

We all had great pizzas, all different.

Service was awesome. Hung out by the fire.

The restaurant was huge, right on the main street in Portsmouth.

Would visit again for sure.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

We came because of the good reviews. It turned out to be a total disappoint. The server was not attentive, never came to refill our almost empty glasses. We ordered a large pizza special. The pizza was burned badly, we had to discard a potion of the bread. It was supposed to be a pizza with bacon and some vegetables. The large pizza had less than 10 bacon bits and very limited amount of vegetables. It was more like a burnt pizza with a thin layer of cheese. For $21.50, it was worse than a pizza from a chained store and twice as expensive! This was the first time Trip Adviser's review failed me.

Blake S, Manager at Flatbread Company, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Hello,

My name is Blake and I am the assistant manager here at Flatbread Portsmouth -- I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our store was less than stellar.

It's clear to me that there was a serious lack of attention paid to your recent experience. This is not what we strive for and certainly not the experience that we are known for. Everything you've included in your review, from service to food quality, is a serious concern for me and I'm very disappointed that you left here feeling unsatisfied.

I would love a chance to further discuss your visit and figure out if there is a way to get you back through the door so that I can prove to you that what other guests have written on TripAdvisor rings true in our day-to-day service.

Please reach out to me at our store email (flatbreadportsmouth@flatbreadcompany.com) so that we can continue the dialogue and find a way to get you back into the store.

Thanks for the feedback, we always relish the opportunity to make improvements.

All the best,

Blake

Reviewed September 29, 2017

We went to Flatbread Pizza in Portsmouth for my son's birthday ( his choice). He had been there before and knew they had Gluten Free pizza ( which he needs). It was about 7:30 on a very hot September evening. We were seated quickly as it wasn't crowded. The hostess walked by several empty tables then acted like she didn't know where to seat us. She put us right in front of the open-flame pizza oven, which might have been OK in the dead of winter, but this was a very hot evening. We had to ask to be moved, the heat from the oven was too intense.
We ordered drinks while waiting for the 4th of our party to arrive. Once we were all there, the waitress took our orders promptly. A word of caution about the menu: it has too many words! so many adjectives! For such a limited selection of food, salad, pizza with or without sauce, the menu was hard to read. It took me a long time to figure what actually was on each pizza!
Our pizzas came out fairly quickly. By now it was crowded and so loud it was almost impossible to carry on a conversation.
The small pizza is enough for one person. We each ordered our own. Mine was on the soggy side, like biting into wet bread. The pepperoni was not very tasty and the mushrooms were all but absent. While I like thin crust pizza, this is not the best I've had.
I realize it's in downtown Portsmouth, but it was still rather pricy. Overall, I'd say it was an OK experience, but I wouldn't go out of my way to go there again.

Hello,

My name is Blake, the assistant manager here at Flatbread Portsmouth -- we appreciate your feedback.

Firstly, let me apologize for the parts of you experience that weren't up to our company standards. Your comfort is always our top concern and it sounds like while you weren't happy with your first seat, I'm hoping you moved to a spot that was more comfortable and that the vibe of the restaurant was relaxed and welcoming.

Regarding the volume in the restaurant, my apologies for the loudness. We are, by our nature, a place for families to spread out and feel comfortable. This can often lead to louder than average restaurant noise during peak hours. Earlier and later during service tend to be a better time for a quieter meal if you are able to be here at those times.

Lastly, I'm sorry to hear that your food wasn't up to your expectations. We have a great service team here that would be happy to sort out any questions or confusion with the menu. I'd love to find a way to get you back through the door as I am confident that your food was an outlier from the quality and value that we guarantee to our customers. Please reach out to me via email (flatbreadportsmouth@flatbreadcompany.com) so that I can get you some flatbread on the house and have another chance to 'wow' you.

As I said before, the feedback is very much appreciated and we would love the opportunity to show you a better experience in our restaurant. Please get in touch as I'd love to continue this conversation!

All the best,