“Thin crust, really great!”
Review of Flatbread Company

Flatbread Company
Ranked #11 of 213 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

Jays heart is a traditional cheese pizza and total must. The house salad is also so good...sounds different but goes great with the pizza. Would also recommend the pulled chicken pizza which had a Mexican spin on it...delish.

The hot lemonade is really tart and different, definitely recommend.

Blake S, Manager at Flatbread Company, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2017

Thanks for stopping in -- Glad you enjoyed the "Jimmy's Free Range Chicken" Flatbread and our classic "Jay's Heart." See you again soon!

Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

Great location for pizza and a beer. An eclectic range of toppings available and a great beer list. Always on my schedule when I'm in town.

1  Thank David A
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

Decent flatbread style pizza. Many varied options including vegan. Server was very nice. Atmosphere is casual and large groups can be accommodated. Kid friendly. This is a chain operation but the downtown location in an old Montgomery Ward store is not typical of a chain restaurant. There is a bar with craft beer selections.

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

This place was reasonable, cheap and fun.

We all had great pizzas, all different.

Service was awesome. Hung out by the fire.

The restaurant was huge, right on the main street in Portsmouth.

Would visit again for sure.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

We came because of the good reviews. It turned out to be a total disappoint. The server was not attentive, never came to refill our almost empty glasses. We ordered a large pizza special. The pizza was burned badly, we had to discard a potion of the bread. It was supposed to be a pizza with bacon and some vegetables. The large pizza had less than 10 bacon bits and very limited amount of vegetables. It was more like a burnt pizza with a thin layer of cheese. For $21.50, it was worse than a pizza from a chained store and twice as expensive! This was the first time Trip Adviser's review failed me.

Blake S, Manager at Flatbread Company, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Hello,

My name is Blake and I am the assistant manager here at Flatbread Portsmouth -- I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our store was less than stellar.

It's clear to me that there was a serious lack of attention paid to your recent experience. This is not what we strive for and certainly not the experience that we are known for. Everything you've included in your review, from service to food quality, is a serious concern for me and I'm very disappointed that you left here feeling unsatisfied.

I would love a chance to further discuss your visit and figure out if there is a way to get you back through the door so that I can prove to you that what other guests have written on TripAdvisor rings true in our day-to-day service.

Please reach out to me at our store email (flatbreadportsmouth@flatbreadcompany.com) so that we can continue the dialogue and find a way to get you back into the store.

Thanks for the feedback, we always relish the opportunity to make improvements.

All the best,