“Outstanding meal during resataurant week!”
Review of Ristorante Massimo

Ristorante Massimo
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Massimo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 206 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: State Street
Reviewed 13 November 2017

We had wanted to try this Italian restaurant before and never quite made it, wow were we missing out! being Restaurant Week It was kind of a mixed blessing, so many good choices besides the price fix specials, but boy were they great choices too! Everything top notch from bread to desert. Wonderful wine selection too. Great service.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We came during restaurant week for my wife's birthday. The ambulance is tastefully muted with Frank Sinatra type music. Our first course was lobster for my wife and ravioli for me. My wife's second course was scallops and I had the pasta torte. Dessert was chocolate flourless torte for me and fresh fruit for my wife(diabetic). Wait staff were in tuxedos. Best meal out in a long time. Should really be greater than five plates.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Our whole team went for dinner and had a lovely evening with great food and exceptional service. They have a nice wine selection and delicious food. We had several appetizers and I would recommend their meatballs and their cheese tray. I had the veal chop with eggplant and it was cooked and seasoned to perfection. This was perfect for our group but could be great place for an intimate dinner. Definitely will visit again!

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Highly recommended. All seventeen people in our party left feeling they had an outstanding meal. The wait staff, especially Brittany, could not have been more attentive. Thank you for taking such good care of us.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Restaurant is off the main street and tricky to get into.

The place is cozy and the place is slightly dated.

The staff is amazing. Our server was outstanding. Wish I could remember her name.

The fig appetizer was a little weird, meatballs definitely a hit.

The veal chop... are you kidding me? Just truly wonderful. Get it medium rare, you wont regret it. Nice wine selection also.

Slightly pricey.

Great spot, would go again!!