“nice french inspired breakfast”
Review of La Maison Navarre

La Maison Navarre
Ranked #1 of 9 Bakeries in Portsmouth
Price range: US$2 - US$15
Description: La Maison Navarre offers fresh homemade high quality products. In the long tradition of "Patisserie, Salon de The", we perpetuate the taste, the elegance and the French know-how.
Reviewed 23 October 2017

La Maison Navarre offers a selection of macarons, pastry and french inspired breakfast offerings, with free wifi

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Beautiful place, but quite small and crowded with limited seating. The macarons were pretty good, but I regretted spending so much for them. The L'Alpine crepe with salad, however, was phenomenal. (I wish I could have one now!) Very pricey, but worth it for a special treat.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I looked for a nice bakery for an afternoon snack and coffee and happened across what was a wonderful find. Not only did they have the best chocolate croissant but their macarons were better than LaDuree a noted French bakery with more interesting flavors. Everything was so good here that we came back every day we were in town.....don’t pass up this place.....so much better than the other bakeries in town.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

I should preface this with: Macarons are my absolute favorite and I am always on the quest for delicious Macarons!

La Madison Navarre did not disappoint! The selection was awesome, the service was great, and the atmosphere was authentic and relaxing!

I highly recommend the ice cream Macarons!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Having grown up in France, I was pleasently surprised to find authentic, high-end French pastries in Porstmouth. Their Paris-Brest is excellent (round choux pastry looking like a donut, with nuts), and their fruit mousse is fine. They have a good inventory of classic French pastries. I didn't like the coffee (felt bitter), and I found the setting 'cold' (one row of black tables facing a counter) rather than cozy. I'd happily eat more of their sweets, but would prefer serving them at home if I wanted to eat them in a warmer setting. Service at the counter is alright, but to the table was unimpressive; the waiter just brought in the stuff, put it on the table, and left without a word, never to be seen again.