“Good service, fair price, nice facility”

Residence Inn by Marriott Portsmouth
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed 29 April 2012

RIght in the center of Portsmouth, walking distance to sops and restaurants. Many "Portsmouth" hotels require you to drive into town. This is slightly more costly than some of the more peripherally located hotels, but if you want to walk to everything and have great service than I recommend this location. Also very close to Rte 95 and NH 16

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Studio Suite was clean. Ground floor near main enterance, no noise. Standard Residence Inn breakfast in the morning was adequate. Kids stayed on the sleeper sofa. They thought it was a little lumpy (to be expected). Bottom line, I will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Residence Inn Portsmouth for one night April 2012. The location of the Residence was convenient off the highway. We arrived late and were happy to find that within walking distance there was a nice Irish Pub. The food there was pretty good. I have to compliment the front desk clerk who checked us in -- I was in need of a charger for my iphone and she was able to provide me one as long as I brought it back before we checked out. That saved my day! The room was average; clean but missing shampoo which we find out too late. The breakfast had a lot to be desired. Eggs were terrible; oatmeal too thick and lumpy. I heard someone else comment on how the Days Inn offered a better breakfast. All in all though, it was a good stay. Just plan on a big lunch.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My wife and I just stayed there one night over the past weekend. Check-in was quick an easy. The woman at the front desk was extremely nice and friendly. The room was nice. Everything was clean and in working order. The fan in the bathroom was very loud, almost sounding like a helicopter hovering overhead. The tub/shower was a little old. But everything else was just fine.

I enjoyed breakfast in the morning. Eggs, sausage, hash browns... all were decent. My wife made a huge waffle that she enjoyed.

Location: we walked across 2 parking lots to Paddy's Restaurant and enjoy drinks and apps. It was a nice place, and great not to worry about driving after having a few cocktails. We also walked to the Red Hook Brewery, which was even closer than Paddy's. All the major shopping areas were only a 5 minutes drive away. Interestingly enough, it seems a lot of the reviews for this hotel are actually for the downtown Portsmouth location. In fact, the photo TripAdvisor shows isn't even of this hotel.

All in all, no complaints, and I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ACandDC
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Repeat guest. This is a great location within walking distance to everything downtown. Staff is extremely courteous and helpful. Rooms are always very clean. Breakfast is free and very adequate. Nice experience for business travel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jkaram
Reviewed 17 January 2012

After finding our original hotel was under major renovation upon arrival Marriott booked us into the residence inn. The staff was courteous and helpful and the premises very clean. Our room was a clean very roomy suite with a kitchen and living area. The daily breakfast was very good and the hotel was located close to shopping, dining and only 5 or so minutes to the kittery outlets. If i had to say anything negative the indoor pool was a little colder than you might expect it to be but other than that no complaints. Would absolutly come back .

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We rented a suite here last August. It was very obvious from the gouges on the furniture that either a cat or dog had also sayed in our lving room at some time. The elevator and hallways were dirty!! The breakfast room was the poorest I have seen at a Marriott Residence Inn.
I will say that the front desk staff was very pleasant.
I received a guest survery and returned it (President no less) and there was no responsse. I also contacted customer service and also received no response. I realise that this is a busy time of the year but there is no excuse for poor housekeeping and poor maintenance.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family