All reviews red hook brewery two bedroom unit daughter's family evening stroll big box stores breakfast meat indoor pool both mornings beer and wine quiet area business center new hampshire kitchen area great property longer stay cleaning staff special thanks
Reviewed June 28, 2018

Clean Residence Inn, just one of the more disappointing stays I've had. The staff was nice but some of the things that happened during our stay were surprising. First, you had to ask for ice on the first floor, no machines. After being on the 3rd floor and walking around looking for them, I made my way to the front desk and they told me I had to come downstairs every time we needed ice. Second, we had to watch Law and Order EVERY morning at breakfast. When we asked if they could tune it to the news (typically what you find on the TV at hotels) we were told they couldn't change it. Every morning we ate downstairs Law & Order was on but in the evening a different channel was on, so not sure what happened there. Third, one morning when we ate breakfast, someone took the key to the pantry home that night so there was no milk, no fruit etc. I would think management would have a key but apparently that was not the case. Lastly, the washing machines (as someone mentioned previously) were awful, hardly any worked, and the dryers didn't dry. I also needed quarters and I couldn't charge the quarters to my room, they wanted cash. Talk about a ton of trips up and down the building. All in all the room was clean, quiet and comfortable but I just wasn't impressed with anything else, while the staff was nice no one really went out of their way to help with anything.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
David P, Front Office Supervisor at Residence Inn by Marriott Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2018

Dear Mep43221,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Marriott Residence Inn Portsmouth. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and we greatly appreciate your feedback. Guest's surveys are our greatest tool that we use to enhance our performance.

We value your loyalty to Marriott and everything that we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Thank you for letting us know about the concerns that you faced during your recent visits; I understand how having issues such as the television not being on the news may cause some frustration, and cause a negative experience at breakfast. Here at the Marriott Residence Inn you suite comes equipped with an ice maker right in you personal freezer, we apologies you were not informed about this. Here at our property with did just get two new washers for our guests. We strive daily to provide top notch service and ensure that all of our guests have a positive and memorable stay with us. Once again, please accept my sincere apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area. We do hope you decide to choose the Marriott Residence Inn in the near future.

David Provencher
Front Office Supervisor
Marriott Residence Inn
Portsmouth, NH
(603)-436-8880

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Renovations are complete and the rooms are nice. Nice breakfast included with room. Staff is friendly. They have a shuttle for local runs. Located close to many companies at Pease. Drinks and food Monday - Wednesday nights.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2018

We stayed here Memorial Day week and were very disappointed. We chose this hotel because we were traveling with our three children and needed access to laundry. The entire hotel has only two washing machines, only one of which functions. Every single time I tried to do laundry, whether before 7am, midday or after 8pm there was a line. People were doing load after load. Since the hotel is not near anything except the highway there were no options.

In addition to the laundry issues, our room backed up to the Linen Room on the 3rd floor. This door was repeated and loudly opened and slammed shut by housekeeping.

We recently switched to Mariott away from Hilton but based on this experience will seriously consider switching back.

Room Tip: Below par amenities for family travel.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
david P, front office supervisor at Residence Inn by Marriott Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2018

Hello Ms. Kate A,

Here at the Marriott Residence Inn we do thrive to give the best gust service and we make sure to take all feedback given from our loyal guest and advance out guest service and property. We are sincerely sorry that during your visit with us one of the washing machines was not working. Here at the Residence Inn we are getting new washing machines for our loyal guests like you and your family. Our Marriott property just was undergoing a major renovation, unfortunately this was the reason your drain was not functioning properly. We do hope you stay with us again here at the Marriott Residence Inn at the Pease Trade port the next time your travels bring you back to Portsmouth to enjoy our new and improved guest room and property.

With Great Hospitality,

David Provencher
front office supervisor
Marriott Residence Inn
Portsmouth NH
603-436-8880

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Between work and family trips, I stay in a *lot* of hotels. This one has a wonderful staff, newly renovated rooms (complete with a fully stocked kitchen, including full-sized stove and fridge, colander, pots and pans, etc.. even a dishwasher!), a delicious (complimentary) hot breakfast, a fun pool... and to top it all off, it is pet-friendly, so you can bring your furry family member along as well! Extremely comfortable bed, and fully stocked kitchen. I made a healthy dinner for 3 kids no problem, and served up beer and wine for several of my adult family members, all of whom fit comfortably in the large couch and seating area for socializing. Located right near the malls, and lots of fun things to do. We will definitely stay here again!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2018

It is hard to rate this hotel. I guess I will explain. We checked into this room a little after 3 one day. When we got to our room it sort of smelled so we turned off the heater and went out. When we got back the smell was worse. The hotel was completely sold out so they could not move us. Besides the room smelling the staff was phenomenal. the lady at the front desk came to our room and tried to air it out. In the end she ended up calling another hotel to move us too. They paid for our new room for the inconvenience. It was a good and bad. The room was not great, but the staff was aware of the issue and made it work. We still left there satisfied with the hotel, and we will be back to try it again.

Room Tip: Try not to get end rooms, you an hear people walking up and down the stairs.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family