“Great overall experience”

Courtyard Portsmouth
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We just got back from the Courtyard Portsmouth for 2 nights. It was a very nice hotel only 1.5 miles walk into town. Quiet and clean hotel, what else can you ask for? The room included a coffeemaker, fridge, and microwave. I would not hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Portsmouth

Reviewed 15 October 2011

The room felt worn out - that said the worst part was the noise from within the hotel and the highway - I'd recommend researching other options.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Was a great surprise come to this nice and clean room with a new TV, new heater/ac system, new sheets and FREE wifi.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I stayed here for a couple of nights on business. I will say the biggest negative (for me anyway) was the road noise from the highway. I was originally placed in a highway-facing room, and the noise kept me awake for most of the night. But I will say that the front desk folks were very accomodating and found me a room on the other side of the hotel, and the noise level was like night and day. From there on I was fine.

In general the front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. I didn't eat at the restaurant, but they do have one with reasonable prices for dinner.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I have always preferred to stay in downtown Portsmouth for ease of walking by foot to restaurants, shops, etc., but was discouraged to see the recent price of sister hotels and other chains downtown. Being I was in town for a road race, I decided it was time to try the Courtyard by Marriott which is located about 2 miles away from downtown on Market Street.

The staff was very pleasant and the location provided balconies for each room that look out on a semi forested parking area. The nicest surprise having stayed at numerous Courtyard's was the comfort of the bed. It was definitely a higher end mattress with finer quality linens. The previous night I stayed at a Residence Inn in another town and the linens were sandpaper compared to the Courtyard.

Overall a typical Courtyard but the balcony and comfortable bed/bedding made it a definite repeat stay in the future...especially since the price warranted another visit compared to in town competition.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor facing the back parking lot where there is more foliage
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2011

The hotel is good the front desk was nice. But I had the worse experience with restaurant and hotel manager.
My husband and I with our twins (1 year old) went for breakfast ,my twins babies didn't eat anything at the table and they were just happy playing with their muffins while sitting in their stroller and leaving our table. Then manager of restaurant came to us and rudely in front of everybody said because it is a buffet you can't take these two muffins out as if we had stock up and gave us attitude. Everybody in the restaurant said he didn't behave nice and they were shocked.

My husband said it is not big deal I will pay for that and he paid $3 for that two muffins.
It is not a bout that $3 .
It was not right in front of other people act like that. we talked with manager on duty and she didn't do anything at least she could handle the issue in the better way . Now she sent us follow up email that multiple items taken to go from the buffet !!!!!.
Poor these tow babies they cannot finish together one muffin and they were only happy to play with those.
They ruined our holiday, we went to that hotel 2 times in the last 2 months and we glad to say that we never go back again...

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary817
Reviewed 2 September 2011

This was a pleasant hotel and the staff were very friendly and helpful. It is in a good location about 1 mile from Portsmouth. The breakfast was excellent and the server was attentive. The only problem that we found is that the hotel is really starting to show its age and needs a re-furbishment. The swimming pool and jacuzzi were nice. The treadmill and gym equipment need updating.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple