“Breakfast while visiting daughter ”

Little Miss Sophies
Ranked #10 of 103 Restaurants in Rochester
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

We were in town for a few days to visit our daughter and SIL. They frequently eat breakfast here and they decided to take us there. The food was very good. The 3 of them had hash and eggs and all of them ranted and raved about how good the homemade hash was. I did a typical breakfast of bacon and eggs. The service was good, food came out quickly, and all in all a very good little diner.

Reviewed November 10, 2017

Heading from the Lakes Region further north into the White Mountains, I stopped at Little Miss Sophie’s for breakfast.

The décor gives the feel of a diner. It has black and white squares of vinyl flooring, a small counter with seating, and some booths and tables.

The extensive breakfast menu offered about a dozen different omelettes in the $8.00 to $10.00 range, about half a dozen types of Eggs Benedict with most priced between $9.00 and $12.00, over a dozen breakfast combos, plus pancakes, French toast, crêpes, and Belgian waffles along with many sides. The lunch section of the menu featured salads, sandwiches, and hot meals in the $9.00 to $12.00 range.

I chose The Senior at $5.00 which is available to someone of any age. It consisted of two eggs any style and choice of toast and a side. I took the homemade wheat toast and hash browns. I took eggs poached to well done. Decaf coffee was $2.00. With 9% NH Meals Tax of 65 cents, the total was $7.65.

It was semi-busy. It took about 15 minutes for my order. I sent the eggs back for additional poaching. They came back 5 minutes later done within an acceptable range.

The hash browns were long stringy type that I really like. Those were done to a light golden color – also to my liking. The toast was like Canadian bread because of its size. Everything was very good.

Service was very good. The place was clean.

I enjoyed my breakfast here and would eat here again.

I rate Little Miss Sophie’s at 4.25.

If you found this review helpful, please click THANK below.

1  Thank Maurene_K
Reviewed October 16, 2017

My wife and I met my daughter for breakfast. We were greeted by a rude woman that never said good morning and immediately asked if our entire party had arrived. When we said no she told us we would not be seated until our entire party was seated. I looked around the restaurant and the place was empty with the exception of two tables. Her rude and dismissive attitude almost cost them our business.

We seated after we objected to her demanding command. Our server did an adequate job waiting on is but was not very friendly. I order a menu item labeled Sophie's Specialties which included homemade hash and sausage gravy and biscuits. Without getting into great details I will say neither item was very special.

If you are in the area I would seek out other places to have a meal. A friendly staff could have made the food more bearable.

1  Thank Patrick H
Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

Do not be put off by the "well worn" exterior. Inside you will find a friendly welcome and really good food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

Excellent restaurant with friendly staff, variety daily specials plus a full menu. Lots of seating area. Polite, friendly, courteous staff.
GREAT place for breakfast AND lunch

1  Thank Heather D