“Good local food and hangout”
Review of 12 Ocean Grill

12 Ocean Grill
Ranked #11 of 57 Restaurants in Seabrook
Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

Very good menu variety and service was also attentive. My wife and I had the seafood chowder, a little thin for what we are used to, but very tasty. Steak tips were delicious and cooked to order as requested. Overall a very good meal, great place to hang out and watch sports enjoying tasty eats.

Reviewed May 15, 2018

When 12 Ocean first opened it had a monstrous menu. It isn't possible to make that many selections and do a good job. I didn't give them a very good review at the time.

I'm delighted to say that they have trimmed the menu significantly and are turning out some good product. They claim to have a great seafood chowder, and they do! It is full of lobster meat, and other pieces of seafood. Unlike other chowders where you have to comb through the potatoes to find the seafood, you'll find that their chowder is heavy on the seafood and I'm not sure if there are even any potatoes in it.

This is a laid-back place that has a big following of local residents. They have plenty of TV sets for the sports enthusiast, and a popcorn machine for something to munch on if you're just there for liquid refreshments. The fare is mostly pub food with some prime rib, steaks, and seafood dishes thrown in for good measure. Prices are very reasonable.

Burgers, lobster rolls, and steaks I've had were all great. I wasn't too crazy about the wings that I ordered once (I like them crispy and these were a bit soggy), but everything else I've had is very good. Glad we tried it again and we've been back several times since they trimmed down the menu.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

I'll admit my dining partner and I ordered just three things, a bowl of seafood chowder, a pastrami sandwich and french fries. So I can't comment on the rest of the menu thus I'll give them an average rating based on reviews by friends.
That said, the chowder was thin and really salty, and was made of ground up pieces of seafood, like you might find in a frozen bag at the market. And there wasn't much seafood in the bowl... These are my observations, so don't have a melt down.
To think this restaurant is just a few hundred yards from the ocean.. oh my... The pastrami sandwich was also overly salty, and otherwise bland and small in size. The fries were better than average and the service was fine. So judging from my limited experience, I'd say the chef ? needs to get a handle on the salt container and maybe consider using fresh seafood in the chowder.
I'm for certain heading to Petey's in Rye for my next bowl of chowder.

1  Thank samosa53
Reviewed November 7, 2017

12 Ocean Grill is a welcome addition to the Salisbury, Seabrook, Hampton restaurant scene. Great Food, Great Atmosphere, Reasonable Prices. Open Year Round. Locals have been missing a good restaurant in the neighborhood. Appears to be getting lots of well deserved support.

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

This appears to be a locals place where you get good service if you're known. Not good service and pretty much ignored if you're not known. Pretty good food and good prices though.

Been to 12 Ocean Grill? Share your experiences!