“Kids LOVED it, but...”
Review of Seabrook Inn

Seabrook Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Seabrook
Reviewed 5 August 2014

First the good...The kids were thrilled with the slide, the bouncy castles and the pool. Looking at the place from their eyes, the holiday was a great success.The other families staying at the motel were friendly, there were lots of kids and the general vibe of the place is good. The staff was helpful. The room we had on the bottom floor facing the park was very quiet which we had asked for. Breakfast was fine. It was super central, close to Hampton and we were able to explore the whole NH seacoast in our 5 days.

Now the bad...the room was a pretty gross. When we walked in, we noticed the carpet was wet from humidity. It got a bit better after a few sunny days, but was wet again after a rainstorm the last night. The bathroom was not clean at all. The toilet was very dirty and stained, there were mold marks on the ceiling and the sand that had built up in all the corners of the bathroom floor had little bugs in it. Twice we killed bugs on the bed. (Not bedbugs...just, bugs). The sheets had hairs on them when we got there. The window was so dirty we could barely see out. I left towels in the bathtub for changing and they were let there even after housekeeping had passed. I guess they didn't open the shower curtain and see them...

We got over it (mostly) by telling ourselves that for the price we paid (349$ for 4 nights!) we weren't really expecting more than we got. But one of the reasons we chose this place was that most of the reviews we had read said it was clean. I didn't visit any other rooms, so I don't know what they are like, but that was simply not the case for our room. It was disappointing because it's a place that has a lot to offer, but after spending 4 nights in that room, I don't think we'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank thebahamamama

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was our 4th year staying here. It has become tradition that we stay here for the last weekend of our vacation. This year I was very disappointed. We were given rooms on the bottom floor facing the playground which was great for the kids. Our room in particular was disgusting. There was so much mold behind the toilet and on the ceiling of the bathroom I thought we were going to get sick, it was disgusting. There were also black hairs in the tub. There were paint chips all over the floor near one of the beds from falling off the walls. We were kept up late at night and woke up early from the people upstairs from us. It sounded like they were going to come through our ceiling. My parent's room wasn't much better. The tub wouldn't drain without them standing there holding down the drain the whole time. They told the front desk and their only response was well do you want it fixed now or when you checkout. Ummm why would they want it fixed after they checked out? Needless to say, it didn't get fixed while they were there. Housekeepers were like stalkers and would literally stand outside your room waiting for you to get out so they could clean. When I say clean all they did was pull the covers back over your bed, run the vacuum through quickly and overspray the room with some kind of air freshner that would make you gag. Outside the rooms we had to deal with other guests who were swearing and walking around drinking out of 40 once beer bottles. My children still loved the outdoor activities, can't complain about that. I know this is a cheap place to stay but they could at least update their rooms. I never had a problem bragging about this place before to other family and friends but I'm almost too embarrassed this time. I hope they fix some issues because like I've said its been a tradition to stay here and I would hate for it to end.

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank tmk623
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Great motel had multiple swimming pools water slides and activities for kids Hampton beach is less than five miles and all the restaurants are within five miles well worth the money huge complex other motels in the area where double in price also they have a coupon in the hotels.com book

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Our family loved it here. We stayed twice. Once on our drive to Martha's Vineyard and again on our way home. Kids loved the slides and the mom loved the pool. Great place to stay and reasonable room rates. Would stay again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SeaofCyn
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We rolled in at midnight with no reservation and luckily they had a vacancy. The reception person (Chris I think????) was super friendly and helpful knowing I was so tired from driving and had two kids in tow. Rooms average but fridge and clean. A little scary in the dark that late but when we got up I was pleased to see all the families and the pool and blowup. Really a unique place and I would gladly stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is the second time ive stayed here. It is a wonderful place and so much to do. sort of like being on a resort. My grandkids had such a great time and that's what makes me happy! The rooms were clean and well taken care of. the staff is amazing.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vacationfun2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My wife and I went fishing and spent the night here. The inn is some what old. But it was very clean
and the folks there were very friendly and accommodating.
We would definitely stay here again as we went deep sea fishing and it was very close to where we wanted to be.

Room Tip: This place has truckers spend the night here, but it is a big place and has different and it seemed...