All reviews bit dated room was clean one night stayed here concert dog attractions porch grill cottage cozy
Reviewed August 25, 2018

Laurie R

We stayed in cottage number 14. It was a one room cottage. It had a very small kitchen area with 2 double size beds. We booked this cottage because we were going to a concert in Gilford. The concert was cancelled at the last minute but the owner rudely told me he was "not in the concert business and that I would still be charged close to $200 if we cancelled." We decided to stay anyway. The out side of the cottage needs work. The wood looked like it had been chewed by an animal. They provided a very small grill for BBQing but the rack was extremely rusty. The place had a smell but I can't really describe it. There was a wall air conditioning unit but it was so loud I had trouble sleeping. The bathroom had a shower stall but the curtain was too short so the water leaked on to the floor. You couldn't open the bathroom window so there was no way to vent the bathroom. After 2 back to back showers water was leaking off the exposed pipes. I did like that they provided a recycling bin and offered daily towel exchanges. The bed was just OK but the blanket was thread bare. I'm not sure they even wash the blanket and top quilt in between guest. I actually went out and purchased my own blanket to use.
There is a pool and hot tub but we didn't use either. One last thing to consider is that there is a bar across the street that gets louder as the night gets later.

Room Tip: Pick another place
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Although we didnt stay alot of time here we loved it!! Staff were nice, room was clean. Just driving up to it I fell in Love with it. The beds were comfortable. They also had a pool but we didnt get a chance to use it. Only complaint I had is we didnt have more time to stay there. We will be back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank nellynicole
Reviewed July 17, 2018

Booked one night before staying: they had an available cottage (cottage #2) where I was able to bring my two dogs for a nightly charge of $20 (for both). Cottage was tiny but clean, safe and I liked the extra little amenities that the owners provided: picnic tables with mini grills for each cabin, little porches with chairs, recycling and trash for each cabin, some cabins had fireplaces and they provided chopped wood. They also had a pool and hot tub but I did not use either of them (just not enough time.) I was very grateful to have a clean, reasonably priced, dog friendly place to stay with such short notice. Thank you Sun Valley Cottages! We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katherine M
Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

We came to New Hampshire during off season (Winter) to be in the snow covered woods surrounded by trees& nature... When we arrived I immediately noticed this place & our cabin were legit right off the busy highway... that was disappointing.
It was nice having a fully functional kitchen. The cabin itself was nice, pretty clean but we did find dirty socks from the previous occupants upstairs and all the bedding had a kind of strong grandma scent to it, ah. The 3 bedroom cabin with bunk bed loft ( that could sleep 10+) only had one television in the main living room, that was kind of a bummer. Also we had to clean the fire pair out or we'd be charged extra which I thought was not so cool because we were paying a lot to be there as it was. Never the less we enjoyed ourselves, Cactus Jacks a Mexican restaurant a few miles away, was a very pleasant surprise. Funspot was a good time for a few hours. All in all, there is not much going on in this area if it's not summertime so just be aware about that.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Sbrasil27
Reviewed October 2, 2017

The SAP was on everything...came in on your shoes. The bed was like sleeping on
a bark bench and also the living room loveseat. The dishes...well they were dirty, and there was only one plate, nothing to turn eggs/ hamburgs with. The fireplace was the only good thing I could say about this cottage #5. Yes the bar across the street was
noisy also. They all should of had carports. Will not turn.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple