Just returning from a weekend away at the Mountain View Grand Resort with my family. Wow, what a fantastic place. We had found this place through a google search of places to stay near Bretton Woods and had never even heard of the resort before, so we really weren't sure what to expect. What a pleasant surprise this place turned out to be. The hotel is beautiful, with the feel of an impeccably refurbished historic Inn. The rooms were so clean and nice, the vast grounds and panoramic mountain views just breathtaking, the restaurant food delicious, and the service top notch. They even have a great spa on the top floor of the hotel. The best part for us was the plethora of things to do with our children, ages 5 and 8. They have an activity center with fun and appealing activities scheduled hourly (soccer, football, smores at the campfire, bingo, etc). There is a farm on the property where the kids could pet the goats, touch noses with the llamas, collect eggs from the chicken coop, and take horse back rides. There is an indoor pool (and outdoor pool in the summer), movie theater, game room, sitting rooms with board games, hiking trails, horse-drawn carriage rides. Our kids didn't want to leave. We will definitely be back. What a find!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Founded in 1865 and set on 1,700 acres with sweeping views of the White Mountains, Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa is New England's premier historic mountain resort. It was the only resort or hotel in the state to earn AAA Four Diamond awards in both Lodging and Dining for since 2008. With stellar dining choices from the gourmet selections in the wine cellar to casual meals in the Tavern or spectacular views at the seasonal Club House and Veranda, guests find a style and price to fit their mood. With a full-time Activities Department and complimentary children's programs, guests enjoy hiking, kayaking, biking, indoor and outdoor pools, a health and wellness center, golf on the resort's historic course, and four Classic Clay tennis courts. In winter, it's time for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snow tubing, ice skating, snowmobiling, and dog sled adventures. Mountain View also provides the opportunity to choose from over 500 movie selections in the in-house movie theater. Mountain View Farm features friendly animals at the Big Red Barn. Evening activities include marshmallow toasting over an open campfire. Conde Nast Traveler named Mountain View one of North America's top five resort spas for 2008. There are great views high in the landmark Tower Spa, with an infinity-edge Sok tub and side-by-side massages a specialty. The Presidential Suite has spectacular vistas, a private wet bar, fireplace, flat-screen TVs, hand-painted furniture, and a lovely dining area with French doors. The elegant master bedroom has a king-size bed and cozy window nook while the master bath features a luxury whirlpool. Business meetings are served in 20,000 square feet of flexible conference space with built-in AV equipment and reliable internet and cell phone service. Mountain View specializes in storybook weddings in the domed Crystal Ballroom with its famed hand-painted ceiling or the century-old gazebo on Grand Fountain Terrace. Mountain View Grand is 100% wind-powered and has been recognized as an Environmental Champion by the NH Lodging & Restaurant Association. The resort is a proud member of Historic Hotels of America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Evoline ltd, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain View Grand Resort And Spa
- Mountain View Grand Hotel Whitefield
- Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa White Mountains, New Hampshire - Whitefield