“Anniversary surprise ”

Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Wilton
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located in an Idyllic 1765 Farmhouse on a working farm, The Hilltop Cafe offers an breakfast and lunch menu featuring local, organic and fresh ingredients. We offer many choices which are vegetarian, vegan and/or gluten free. Breakfast is served from 8:00am to 11:30 and lunch until 5:00pm. Friday & Saturday nights feature a unique dining experience with a prix fixe menu with a different theme each week. Seating's are 6:30 on Friday & 5:30 and 7:30 on Saturdays (reservations required). On Sundays, join us for a family style dinner including salad, entrée and dessert. The pastry case is always stocked with freshly baked treats and menu items are available for take-out.
Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

Drove here from Nashua curious about it since I saw a friend post about this place. Was in the way to the second surprise I planned for my husband so worked out great. Plan on a wait. It’s a small farm the table place and seemed like each table was served one at a time. Not sure if there was a regular kitchen stove and oven and one table was made at a time. One waitress taking orders and serving food. Food was phenomenal. I had the croissant French toast with blueberry compote and whip cream. The whip cream tasted like it was fresh off the cow fresh. Unbelievable. Best French toast. My husband had the eggs with toast and hash browns and side bacon. His words exact “best piece of toast I’ve ever had.” Just a piece of toast left a mark on him. You could tell everything was fresh made to order and it shows. Farm is right on the field. We waited about 40 minutes to get our food but so well worth the wait. Next trip is lunch.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

I love eating at Hilltop. It’s is always a fresh and delicious meal. The croissants are amazing, and the coffee is from A&E, so that’s also a plus!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Hands down our favorite cafe within 30 miles! We love how carefully and lovingly the food is prepared, and that much of it is grown organically right there. The french toast made from their hand- made croissants with a maine blueberry compote and local maple syrup is to die for!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 6, 2018

This review is for the Hilltop multi-course preset dinner menu; which is separate from the lunch experience.
All inclusive , interesting dinner in a cozy setting. Having been twice, my wife and I were really pleased with the quality and quantity of food. Themes vary every weekend, so there will be something for everyone to enjoy eventually.
This has become our favorite dinner place!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

Having had four separate themed evening dinners here, my husband and I are huge Hilltop fans! Everything about the evening meals could not be improved by anything. The food is so fresh and flavorful! The service and setting are unique and non pretentious!!!
My only regret in this review is that by writing it- I may have trouble getting a table with their limited seating. But it is a chance worth taking to sing Michael’s praises!!!
Btw, our latest visit included our vegan daughter whose diet was accommodated, and was “one of the best meals” she had ever had!!!

Date of visit: June 2018