“Really enjoyed the food”

West Lake Asian Cuisine
Ranked #21 of 44 Restaurants in Wolfeboro
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

We hadn't been to West Lake in a long time. What a nice surprise to see it done over and with a Japanese menu as well. We enjoyed everything we ordered (We haven't done the Japanese food yet). The waitress was quick and very attentive. We r very happy to have a good oriental restaurant near us. There were not many diners there when we have visited so I don't think many have discovered the 'new' restaurant. U should try it!

Reviewed February 23, 2018

When we arrived at 1:00 on a Friday afternoon (when you would expect prime rush lunch hour) and not a single person was in the restaurant, I knew that was not a good sign. Couple of guys sitting around watching tv or a movie on a notepad at top volume. Listening to wailing babies on tv was not what I expected as my background music. I then went to the ladies bathroom. Gross. Dirty, unflushed toilets and trash bin full of used feminine products. (Knowing no one is the restaurant clearly been days since the bins were emptied). The food was OK but I sent something back that was not right. The waiter charged us for it even though we did not touch it and we told him we did not want it. Will not be returning here.

1  Thank Simbaroni65
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

We love sushi and sashimi (SnS) and eat it often.
This is just about the best we have ever had. And Harry is masterful at presentation. He should be - he is very well trained. Most SnS places are skimpy on portions to save $$. Not Harry. The portions are generous of the fish. And the rolls. Out of this world! Really unbelievable!
Now we all know SnS is not inexpensive. But the portion size here fills me up and I really feel as if I got my money worth.
Don’t miss the Sashimi special salad (enough to share) with your S or S.
The equipment Harry has for care of the fish is superior and quite high quality for a local SnS Resturant.
The new owners have done a masterful job of renovating.
Their Chinese food is very good. A bit different from previous owners - and locals don’t like change - but the new recipes are v good in their own right.
Like many young family owned Resturant’s the children are around after school doing homework and playing video games. Get used to it - that is small town American way.
If you are a Sushi and Sashimi fan - DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE. If you have ever wanted to try SnS - this is the place for a first try.
Otherwise it is a wonderful local Chinese Resturant for eat in or take out.
West Lake Asian Cuisine is a small town staple and should be part of your regular Resturant rotation.
Most would be even more surprised to learn that if the sushi has not been frozen, it is illegal to serve it in the United States. Food and Drug Administration regulations stipulate that fish to be eaten raw -- whether as sushi, sashimi, seviche, or tartare -- must be frozen first, to make it safe too eat raw.
So for those who complain that the SnS comes from flash frozen state - you should be grateful and enjoy the resulting safe fish.

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

I loved the sushi . Fresh and delicious
I also had wonton soup. It totally hit the spot . I would recommend this restaurant

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Great food that is fresh and service and be sure to ask for Eddie! If this place was closer to downtown the lines would be oit the door