“Delightful stay - Wonderful Staff”
Review of The Wolfeboro Inn

The Wolfeboro Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Wolfeboro
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Beautiful suite looking out over Lake Winnepasaukee. Even in the winter with no snow it was idyllic. A VERY short walk in to town. The restaurant is in the building so no need to go outside in the cold (just stayed there - Jan 2-Jan 9, 2012). Fireplaces in the restaurant add to the cozy atmosphere. Staff was very accommodating, room service made the trip complete. Returning there again in May. Looking forward to it!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura H
POTUS1234, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2012

Dear Laura H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. I passed your kind comments on to the staff; I know they will be very pleased. I agree - winter in Wolfeboro is a magical time. And we now we have snow that is gently covering the landscape and blanketed the Belknap mountain range in spectacular fashion. Lake Winnipesaukee indeed is every bit as awe-inspiring as its other seasons. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

My husband and I spent New Year's weekend at the Wolfeboro Inn. We loved the atmosphere, oversized furniture and the daily cookies delivered to our room and the next day weather forecast. A great location in town to walk to all the restaurants and shops. We ate at the Inn for breakfast and dinner. The food and service was great for a very busy weekend.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lythouse
POTUS1234, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Dear Lythouse,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. If I were going to describe the perfect day here in Wolfeboro - that was it. We are thrilled you enjoyed the hotel and services we provideas well as our beautiful quaint downtown. We have a very dedicated staff, committed to ensuring the kind of stay you just experienced. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you once again for your kind words.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our room, the service of the staff and the very nice tavern area. This is our third winter stay by the lake and certainly our best choice yet.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marie r
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Everything about our weekend was charming in the way you imagine small towns in New England. From the front desk greeting, to the room service and house maids to the bartenders, the service was excellent and genuinely friendly. Our room on the second floor was very large and very comfortable. If you're looking for a quiet town for a weekend escape in this part of the country, you can't go wrong at the Wolfeboro Inn.

Room Tip: The layout of the inn suggests some rooms closer to the lake and away from the kitchen will be quiet...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank John M

Dear JHMacLeod,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We appreciate the time you took to do so. I have passed on your kind comments regarding friendliness and service to the staff. Reviews like yours are the pinnacle of success for us and source of great pride to the staff. This is what we work so hard for and strive to achieve every day. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. While winter is a quieter time there is still much to do here and many activities fron skiing, to snowmobiling, ice fishing or just curling up in a comfy chair by our fireplace in the lobby and reading a book. Until then all the best in 2012.

Reviewed 31 December 2011

My husband kind of chose this hotel on a whim for him and I for a weekend away. And I must say, great choice! The service was very nice and the restaurant was a good deal, not as pricey as I expected. But the food was delicious. If you're looking for a nice, romantic get away in a secluded area (At least in December when we went), I would more than recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ashley S
POTUS1234, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2012

Dear Ashley S,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted that your stay with us was so pleasurable - Happy New Year to you both! We appreciate your positive comments specifically on the quality of our food in the Tavern and service you recieved. We have an exceptional Chef and very dedicated staff. I will be certain to pass on your review to all of our associates. I know they will be very pleased.

We're glad you had such a good time and we look forward to being of service to you and your husband, planned or whim, again soon.

Reviewed 11 December 2011

We stayed here for my husbands work holiday party which meant our room was free for the night so I can't complain. All lit up for the holidays it was very pretty!!
The food in the function room from apps to our meal to dessert was delicious!! Good selection of cocktails.
Room was average-clean and comfy though it was so hot and we turned off the heat and opened the window for a bit and it still remained quite hot all night!! Bed was comfy. Average furnishings. There were no outlets in the bathroom and no mirrors outside of the bathroom so it was awkward to finish getting ready. Limited shelf space in bathroom for our things. Unfortunately- we had a view of the street and a not so nice house rather than the lake.
Overall it was a good experience for a quick and free getaway though I think they should update their bathrooms ( our sink was also cracked), and I would do your research if you are looking for a romantic room with a nice lake view to get what u want.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I grew up in Wolfeboro and moved away more than 20 years ago. Whenever I go home I always stay at the Wolfeboro Inn and I have to say it has only gotten better over the years. The rooms are very nice, the Inn is clean and the location is perfect. I wasn't able to acquire my own pewter mug at Wolfe's Tavern but I will keep trying!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
POTUS1234, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Dear Lisa D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. I am delighted that your stays with us over the years have been so pleasurable. We are honored to truly be your home away from home. We appreciate your recognition of our continuing improvements as we strive for excellence. I wish you much success in attaining your mug and will look forward to the day we can proudly hang it from the rafters.

Warm Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wolfeboro
18.9 km away
12.5 km away
Gunstock Inn & Resort
Gunstock Inn & Resort
#3 of 3 in Gilford

Been to The Wolfeboro Inn? Share your experiences!