See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I just returned from my first stay at Topsides. I was fortunate to be in the Nantucket room with its soothing slate blue and white decor and I was greeted with the most delicious homemade cookies! Within the room, there is a charming step-down closet/dressing room with a lovely window and everything was immaculate. The bed was very comfortable and there were plenty of fluffy extra large towels to wrap in after showering.
The private parking area behind Topsides has a pathway that leads to a very pretty back porch - perfect for reading a good book or the morning paper with a delicious cup of Green Mountain coffee. Both Cynthia and Dennis were gracious hosts and their little pooch Bogey seemed happy to welcome all guests. I hope to return to Wolfeboro next summer and would certainly want to stay at Topsides again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was our second stay. We got lucky and were able to walk to the school next door to watch the fireworks. Huge bonus! We were greeted so warmly by Cindy. A nice clean room and an amazing breakfast spread in the morning. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amy T
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Topsides June 30-July 3, 2014 while
our new home was being completed.
We stayed in the Hunt Room and it was the perfect getaway after
long days at our house construction site. The rooms were
clean and so comfortable and our hosts, Cindy and Dennis,
were lovely!! I would highly recommend Topsides Bed and
Breakfast in Wolfeboro...it was the just what we needed !!

Darlene S.

Room Tip: The Hunt Room Suite was large and very comfortable!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DarleneMS
cindyVirginia, Owner at Topsides Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

I appreciate your feedback and so enjoyed meeting you. Enjoy your new home.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

After seeing the website I was really looking forward to a top class B & B. We were very disappointed.
Cindy was out when we arrived and her husband showed us to our room explaining she would sort us out on her return. That was the last time he spoke to us.
The bedroom, Martha's Vineyard was spacious and bed coverings were quite pretty in blue and white. Dust under the bed which we discovered when we dropped something. Bathroom not clean at all, bath old looking and grimy, behind the taps in the sink were dirty and hadn't been cleaned for a while, around the edges of the floor were dirty. No glass for drinking water, shampoo but no conditioner. We stayed for 2 nights in June and was quite shocked when we returned after the first day to find the room hadn't been touched, no bed made, towels and the bathroom untouched. We have never stayed in a B & B, motel or hotel where the room hasn't been made up, this is the service guests are paying for.
Breakfast the first morning was cereals, some sort of cheese flan, fruit and shop bought muffins, tea or coffee. The next morning there was a choice of cereals, waffles, 2 muffins (I think left from the day before) some fruit.
Tea was available in the hall along with an electric kettle (someone had written a note to ask for coffee but I never saw any), it was so cluttered with so many varities of tea.
The bedroom was on the front and was noisy particularly as we were there during Laconia bike week with motorbikes passing until the early hours of the morning. I only mention this as we had spent the 2 previous nights in Meredith at a B & B and the contrast in every way could not have been more different. The owners of that B & B emailed me when I booked the room explaining about the traffic and the motorbikes just so that we were aware and could make a decision to stay. However, they were in a quiet location and noise was not a problem at all. The gourmet breakfasts were delicious, fridge stocked with beer and wine, homemade cookies and the owners could not do enough for the guests plus it was $40 per night cheaper than Topsides.
Cindy was pleasant enough but we felt that her husband rather resented sharing the house with paying guests and the $400 we paid for 2 nights was way overpriced.
We would certainly look for alternative accommodation if we ever visited Wolfeboro again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank ChristinaSSolihull
cindyVirginia, Owner at Topsides Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Sorry your visit was not up to your standards. I try to make every guest feel at home in my house and I am sorry your visit missed the mark. It is impossible to please everyone and again do try another visit as Wolfeboro is a lovely town with lot's to do.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

A friend and I had the opportunity to spend two days in Wolfeboro and stay at Topsides Bed and Breakfast. We had a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The accommodations were clean, inviting, and extremely comfortable, and Cindy and Dennis were the perfect hosts, with an amazing attention to detail. Additionally, they made an extra effort to help us resolve a travel problem that could have been very serious had they not intervened. The setting is amazing and brought back fond memories of beautiful New Hampshire in the fall. We are looking forward to returning to their lovely home.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends