“Exceeded my expectations”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2017

I was expected good but not great food. Figured it was more a tourist attraction. However my husband and I thought the food was excellent and the staff very accommodating and friendly (we are foodies).Train ride was very relaxing and enjoyable. Excellent to plan for a special occasion since it is expensive. I am sure it is expensive to keep this train running and in such great condition. We were seated with another couple we did not know and it was fun to enjoy a delicious meal and get to know them. Seemed like everyone on the train was having a great time and many talked about how great the food was. We plan on going again this year.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Lafayette Dinner Train

Reviewed 22 July 2017

My wife, her sister and I greatly enjoyed a leisurely and delicious dinner and train ride on the Cafe Lafayette Dinner Train. The crew expertly prepared good food, ushered, served and answered tourists' questions and helped us all to relax and enjoy the experience. The menu offers tempting choices. The train glides along mostly through woods and back to its station over about two hours and a half. Cost to adults ranges from $85 to $95. Yes, pricey, but worth it.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

This was fun and a surprise for my husband's birthday. I thought it would be something different and definitely fun and it was! The staff was exceptional. Very attentive without being overly bothersome. It is pricey 85.00 per person, but I guess you have to consider the ride on top of the food. We first got there and it was lovely. They sat us in a car with only 1 other couple and that was really nice. My husband got the crab cakes, I got the veggie pot stickers. Now - they really shouldn't have called them crab cakes, more like medallion as they were that small. The Pot Stickers were good. The next portions of the meal were wonderful (I had the salmon and he had the chicken )and there is nothing that I would change. The wine list is nice and they put a candle in my husband's "desert" which was very nice. The ride was lovely but the staff really made it! Once again, not sure I would do this ever again as it really didn't WOW me; especially for the price. But they do have something to build on.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

The experience exceeded our expectations. The two servers we had were exceptional in every way. Both were so welcoming, efficient and took care of everyone's needs effortlessly. After we disembarked, we toured the kitchen and was amazed to find that two chefs were responsible for the entire passengers meals. The food was fabulous...the beef Wellington and salmon were cooked perfectly, salads and sides complimented dishes well. Truly an enchanting, relaxing and memorable experience. Thank you for a wonderful evening!

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Dinner on a train who would think that possible in 2017 when you can hardly get dinner on a plane. The salmon entree, potatos au gratin, asparagus soup, and the drinks were all delicious. Service was excellent. Only criticism is that the portions were small for the money.

1  Thank dcmarcus
Alexandra F, Owner at Cafe Lafayette Dinner Train, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Thank you for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed everything. We also agree rail dining is unique and enchanting. With 5 courses, we try to size the portions so you still have room for dessert. Hope to see you again in the near future.