“Saltwater Bistro”

Saltwater Bar & Bistro
Ranked #8 of 13 Restaurants in Woodsville
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Their lobster rolls are overflowing with lobster meat. Their fish sandwiches are large and excellent. They specialize in fresh fish.
They have both indoor and outside tables. They also have a bar, and their beer prices are very reasonable. The beer is ice cold in a frosted mug.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

My family and I were excited to take my mother for her birthday, none of us had been and wanted to go to a new place. That excitement ended quickly when everyone got their meals, there were 9 of us at the table and 3 of the 9 had hair in their food! The waitresses comment was she going to the kitchen to see who had that color hair....Seriously?! You have people ready to yak because it's disgusting and that's what you say!! Should add they graciously took the $5.50 beer off from ONE bill!

1  Thank munkins2
Reviewed 1 April 2017

I'd eaten at Saltwater Cafe once before, but this was my first time for dinner. What a great gem of a restaurant for the local area! I went on a Friday night and it was packed. There was 1 seat left at the bar, the dining room was full, and a couple high top bar tables were full. It's a small place so doesn't take a lot to fill it up. Clearly a big locals hang out. Seemed like everyone at the bar knew each other. Fun crowd. They have a beer and wine license so I had 2 nice glasses of Merlot. I ordered the shrimp cocktail for starters which was delicious. I also got a large Bistro salad. For $7 it was HUGE. And I had the Fish and Chips as an entree. Really a very nice meal and certainly the best seafood I've found locally. If I had any complaints it would have been that everything I ordered came out within about 30 seconds of each other and I thought the fish was a little over battered. I'd go back in a second to try other things on the menu that looked great as well.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

I didn't have the fish soup but I tried a small taste of someone else's ... I wished that's what I'd ordered - delish.

1  Thank Cheryl W
Reviewed 21 October 2016

A nice homey place we found at the end of a long day driving. It was a very relaxing meal!
I got the biggest portion of fried clams I've ever seen and my husband got the fish and chips - both meals were very good. Very friendly waitress who recommended the Nootka Inn for us. Would go back!