“Very friendly staff, large but somewhat spartan room, good free breakfast”

Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Basking Ridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston area, MA
“Very friendly staff, large but somewhat spartan room, good free breakfast”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I've only stayed in the Padidngton Indigo, which is terrific. This hotel is nice, not terrific. My colleague and I got a very friendly greeting because I'm a Priority Club Platinum. The person in the bar was also quite helpful that evening. The room itself is a bit spartan. It was quite large -- a king bed seemed small in it -- much larger than the more fashionable London version. I did not get road noise, but I could hear the person in the room next door (there was a locked door in between the two rooms. The wifi worked well and the breakfast was decent and free. The rate was significantly lower than some of the hotels in the neighborhood.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed 7 January 2012

the entire staff here were so friendly & hospitable. It was refreshing to see people enjoy their jobs. I was very extremely impressed with my stay.
I'll def be back!

Room Tip: I'm not sure if my view was north, south, east or west. It's set in a beautiful country atmo...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Like most IHG group hotels the check in is really smooth if you are a memeber of their priorty club. The rooms were nice, modern and pretty clean. The breakfast buffet daily was actually really well done (walk up, grab a seat and just go at it). Check out was also a breeze. Now I have no issues with the hotel itslef (other than the bar needs an upgrade and expanded hours *same for food svc in general), I would say the area itself is pretty dead (nothing for miles in some directions). Mostly a hotel for people on business going somewhere close in the area. I would return here if I had to go to basking ridge

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I'm a South Jerseyan. I stayed here over the holidays to travel locally with my dad who's an impatient at the VA Hospital in Lyons. Room and Town were nice...but the attitudes of the staff towards me and my family is enough that I will never return. Nothing direct, but you can feel, it....when I go to the front desk the'd shout "Yes?". I'd say what I have to say, no acknowledgement, and then they'd shoult "is there anything else". . . very Kurt and cold. . . . and the folks next to me were greeted, "hello may I help you". Is there anything else you need assistance with? Would you like assistance with your luggage? Please feel free to visit the bar area.....it was such an obvious difference. I am saddended by this. Jersey is my home but I'm shocked that there are still people like this.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Basking Ridge hotels

Philadelphia
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I can't say enough about the cleanliness of this hotel. We just stayed here for one evening for a friend's wedding and it was wonderful. The hotel is extremely attractive, and was as visually pleasing as many of the hotels where we have stayed in NY. The rooms are spacious, and include extremely comfortable beds, Aveda beauty products, beautiful bathrooms, and very attractive decor. Like I said in the beginning of my review, I could not believe how clean this place is. Not a speck of dust anywhere, a spotless bathroom, and hardwood floors which feel so much cleaner than old hotel carpets do. We also found the staff to be extremely accommodating, especially Kim. She was able to honor a last minute request to book an extra adjoining room for us so that our son could accompany us on our trip. I look forward to having a reason to stay here again soon! It's a great spot!

Room Tip: Our room on the 2nd floor, rear of the building was quiet and comfy.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Larkspur, Colorado
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I had a last minute customer assignment in NJ and flew in to find that the only room available was a "handicap" accessible room. I have actually gotten out of bed to write this review since I cannot sleep due to the noise coming from the lobby area. I can hear the TV as if it was my own. Last night, I heard the person in the room next to mine snoring. I would say that noise is a definite problem if you stay on the 1st floor. There are no other rooms available, and I am stuck. I feel terrible for folks that do not have an option to move to another room and must stay in the very sterile "handicap" rooms. No bathroom vanity to even put your toothbrush; a shower that belongs in a low end hospital; and a door that doesn't seal sound from the hallway. Oh and now the parking lot noise is coming in through my closed window. Definitely not the place to stay if you want a restful night's sleep. BTW the breakfast buffet was good and the coffee was nice & strong (perfect when you have had no sleep); beds very comfortable to lay awake in

Room Tip: Top floor room is probably better
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank BEO777
Plymouth, MA
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Nice hotel set in wooded rural setting but not far from main roads. Our room very excellent and very clean. We asked for early arrival and management cooperated (thanks). Hotel staff was pleasant. Recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
lewistonmurray1968, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! We are committed to delivering on our service promise. Please visit again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Basking Ridge
HYATT house Bridgewater
#1 of 6 in Bridgewater
9.9 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater

Been to Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge? Share your experiences!