“Great Pizza!”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed July 9, 2018

I have been to the Reservoir Tavern with my wife many times and the pizza has always been the best, which is saying a lot as there are many pizza places in this area. The only reason I am giving a 4 instead of 5 is that the service can be spotty at times. I have had orders forgotten, and long waits. The pizza is worth putting up with the sometimes bad service.

Reviewed July 7, 2018

Reservoir Tavern is definitely one of the best pizza places in all on New Jersey. The pizza itself stands on its own, but what sets it apart for me is their crust. It’s bubbly, crispy, and just plain awesome.

1  Thank HOCKPOOH
Reviewed July 6, 2018

This restaurant lives on its past reputation. At one time, the pizza was great, and all was good.

We stopped in while passing through for a meal. It was a 45 minute wait. When we got seated, we ordered Eggplant Parmesan and a crispy pizza. When the food came out, the only sauce and cheese was in the center of the pizza and it was completely doughy. The eggplant parm was burnt through. It was a very sad meal.

When I asked the server about the pizza, she stated that she had told the cook to make it crispy. She also said it was a sad pizza, but didn't do anything about it. The eggplant parm was inedible.

When it is busy, they throw food out to the public as fast as they can, not caring of the quality.

To my followers:

Not worth the effort for a wait on so-so food. The portions are big, but who cares if the food is sub-par.

This is an absolute "do not go"

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

The food here was all great, the portions are easily enough for dinner and lunch the next day. The meatballs were my favorite part. The server was really nice, the only complaint was the hostess, she was quite curt and bordering rude.

Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

Tonite my wife and I had a delicious dinner at this place that we haven’t been in 30 years It’s so close yet we felt it was just a pizza place. The menu is huge and varied. We started with a Caesar salad which was large enough for the two of us. It was very tasty. I then had the salmon while my wife had the special halibut. Both dishes were excellent but the halibut needed a little more flavor. I thought it was tasty but my wife felt it was a little bland.
The service was excellent and for a table call before hand so they put your name down. Saves you lots of time.