“Food's great, atmosphere just okay”

Fasil Mediterranean
Reserve with OpenTable
Fasil Mediterranean is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 58 Restaurants in Boonton
Price range: US$6 - US$99
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Food was great, service was good, but it felt a little like a cafeteria
I would definitely go back for a casual dinner or lunch

Reviewed October 9, 2018

Back to Fazil, my favorite Turkish Restaurant with two friends, one who had never had Turkish Food. She loved it. Great service by Head Waiter Osman, great ambiance, and most importantly great food. The secret? The Owner is always present, most of the time in the Kitchen. The best Fried Calamari is to be found here, airy, light and melting in the mouth. The Mezes are not to be missed, it is like Turkish Tapas. I also recommend all the Kebabs. The place take Family, Friends or Business Associates.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

With only three seafood entrees on the menu, Fasil doesn’t live up to the Mediterranean billing. There were plenty of Turkish dishes available. Lots of repetition in the offerings. Our plates were generously portioned and reasonably prepared. But they lacked a breadth and balance of flavors in each dish. The prices were fair so I’d say if you’re looking for some basic Turkish food, served by a genial staff, Fasil will meet that expectation.

Reviewed August 31, 2018

excellent mixed grill with good appetizers in a nice restaurant setting. Priced fairly with excellent service

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

I recently went to Fasil for lunch with family. I generally love Turkish and Mediterranean food, and can usually find many gluten free options on such menus.

Alas, it turned out that despite a large, tantalizing menu, there were almost no options for me or my gluten-free relative. Neither of us wanted salad, which was really the only option. Luckily, she had brought some rice crackers along and was able to eat one of the yogurt dips. Since I don’t eat dairy products either (I’m mostly vegan), I ended up with a plate of stuffed grape leaves, which were oddly sweeter than the savory dolmas I have had in other restaurants.

The waitress was very pleasant and attentive and I appreciated her sincerity and honesty in checking about whether the hummus was gluten free (it was not, not were any of the other items with tahini or most sauces or rice- they use a boxed pilaf mix with orzo pasta in it).

I obviously cannot eat here, and won’t recommend this restaurant to others, unfortunately.