Traveling with 4 young children, we needed more than just a basic hotel room, which is why we chose this hotel. The price was great, and it was a short drive to Sesame Place.
The room was very nice, with lots of decorative touches, and it was immaculate. Every corner of the place was so clean.
The bed was SO comfortable, which I've never found while traveling. I slept so well. Even the pillows and blankets were perfect. I loved that they have quality linens, not standard hotel linens.
The girl at the front desk our first night there was wonderful. She helped us find a place to eat, and later a great pizza delivery place.
There are free dvd rentals at the front desk, though only a couple of kids movies.
The Candlewood Cupboard had everything we needed. (Milk, juice, bagels & cream cheese, eggs, snacks, etc.)
Now, here is the only negative thing I have to say about our stay:
On the second morning of our stay, I went down to the Candlewood Cupboard to get some cereal & bagels for the kids. There was an older man in there, restocking shelves with another employee (a girl, who I later found out was supposed to be at the front desk). The language coming out of this man's mouth was SO offensive (and I'm not a person who is easily offended). The girl kept trying to "shush" him because I was in the room, but she was laughing as she did it. I was very thankful that I hadn't brought any of my kids down with me because he did not seem to care at all about what he was saying, or who heard it. It was extremely unprofessional. I would have reported the incident to someone, but since the front desk staff was right there with him, there was really no one to report it to at that time.
Other than that one incident, our stay was wonderful. It exceeded our expectations. This was our first time staying at Candlewood, and it will definitely be our first choice for all of our future trips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consider Us Home at the Candlewood Suites extended stay hotel at McGuire AFB - Ft Dix - Trenton - Bordentown. The Candlewood Suites extended stay hotel is a member of the IHG family of brands which includes InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn and Staybridge Suites hotels. Specializing in your extended stay experience, the Candlewood Suites is the perfect environment for government (per diem), project teams, training, relocation, temporary and corporate housing needs.The Candlewood Suites hotel is centrally located at NJ Turnpike Exit 7, Exit 56/57 of I-295 near Route 206; minutes from Trenton, Philadelphia, Princeton, Lawrenceville and Wrightstown business / real estate districts. Our location offers near access to McGuire AFB, Ft. Dix, Prince, Ocean Spray, Petro, Princeton University, Historic Philadelphia, Six Flags Great Adventure, Camden Aquarium and Waterfront Park. The Candlewood Suites Hotel offers apartment like suites with all of the conveniences of home to suit your extended stay or short term hotel real estate needs. Our pet friendly hotel (fee) offers studio and one bedroom apartment like suites featuring fully-equipped kitchens, spacious living and work area, TV with DVD player and free wired/wireless Internet. Other features include meeting facilities, 24-hour business center with free Internet, free laundry facilities, fitness center, swimming pool (access), courtyard with grills and our signature Candlewood Cupboard convenience store. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Bordentown/Trenton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Bordentown/Trenton Hotel Bordentown
- Candlewood Bordentown
- Bordentown Candlewood Suites