“Beware! Very dissapointed, ruined a wedding for visiting guests” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Bordentown/Trenton

Candlewood Suites Bordentown/Trenton
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Bordentown
Tuxedo Park, New York
“Beware! Very dissapointed, ruined a wedding for visiting guests”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

Booked a blocked room for wedding guests for a Sat. night in July. After sitting in 4 hours of traffic, we made it to the hotel 15 minutes before the wedding was to begin. When we went to check in, they claimed we booked two nights (never received the email confirmation that we requested but had a res. number) and because we didn't show up the night before, they cancelled our reservation and charged our credit card. Then informed us that there were no rooms available. After almost being in tears, I asked if they could offer us a place to change quickly into our dress clothes for the wedding and they said "no". It was an awful experience. I did manage to get a credit on my credit card,, however, I will never stay with Candlewood Suites again! Particularly this one. If you book a night with them, get it in writing. The manager clearly messed up the booking.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nytraveler1026

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lexington, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

We made a reservation in advance for four nigths and received a confirmation number. Called back and reconfirmed reservation. Upon arrival, after an 11 hour drive, we were told that they didn't have a room for us. They had canceled our reservation and made a reservation for us at another hotel that was older, smaller rooms, and did not have comparable amenities. Very disappointed with the response from priority club and lack of response from hotel management!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank SCgolfandswimmom
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2010

The best thing about this hotel is the kitchenette. I don't always cook but when I cooked the first time, the smoke alarm went off ( I was frying and the I change the power from low to medium) and the whole town knew about it. Well aside from this incident for the first time in my life, I did not like the shower head - looks cheap. The water pressure is so weak I feel that I need to catch every drop of the water to get myself clean. In the business center, you have to be careful everytime you open up your documents because your documents will be automatically save in the hard drive. So check your work to make sure that your documents are not insight to be viewed by everybody who use the hotel's computer. Be also prepared that the computer has no microsoft software and internet explorer but firefox. There is no pool but you can request to get a pass to the Hamptons Inn. It's not walking distance and you get there by car in 5 minutes. One thing that it irritates me is when a front desk staff cannot offer other ways to remedy a situation presented to them. Don't say, 'No or I don't know or not the person to do that'. I do not want to hear that. A front staff in this hotel should be willing to find ways to remedy a situation.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
NW WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2010

Business trip with the family - in a hotel filled with military members we were a little concerned how the noise level would be. But the rooms were clean, very comfortable, and heard no noise from other rooms.
It's a bit out of the way from restaurants (11 miles or so from major chains), but convenient to the Interstate.
The workout room is right in the lobby - a little odd with big widows facing the front doors.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Washington, DC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2009

We tried to stay here because it was close to Sesame Place, had suites, and was cheaper than other alternatives. We had a number of issues, however, related to the fact that we were traveling with a baby and a 2-year old. The woman at the front desk was not helpful and did not seem like she cared at all. First, they have no cribs at all. We had requested a crib through our online reservation, but only when we arrived were we informed they have none at all. The employee said it was because they were new, but then clarified that they were 2 years old. Seems like in 2 years they might have purchased at least one crib. She also said they mainly serve military people (giving me the overall impression that they weren't really interested in serving families). Second, we were put in the handicapped room -- so there was no bathtub in which to give our daughter a bath. When we complained, she told us they were booked full. When we discussed going to another Candlewood Suites, she seemed almost happy to tell us they were booked too. It was late, so we stayed. Third, when we went ahead and tried to give our daughter a bath in the handicapped shower, the bar holding the shower head fell off the wall, and almost hit our daughter in the head. And, needless to say, the shower experience for our daughter was a nightmare -- totally slippery and water got all over the bathroom. Fourth, no TV in the bedroom of the suite -- there was a hookup but no actual TV -- thus defeating one of the points of staying in a suite (that is, so we could at least watch a little TV after we put the kids to bed in the outer room). Fifth, only a queen bed in the 1-bdroom suite, so after we brought in the pack/play for our daughter (thank goodness we had brought it), I had to sleep with the baby in the queen bed while my husband slept on the foldout in the other room. Sixth, we needed to print out passes for Sesame Place -- but the business center printer was broken. Not the relaxing carefree vacation we had planned at all. We've stayed in quite a few suites recently and have never had such a bad experience. Perhaps it was largely because we had the misfortune to go on a busy weekend, but the front desk person seemed to care so little for our plight that we would never even try to go back. While she did eventually offer to move us to another room for our second night, we decided that as we would have to pack everything up anyway, we would give up and splurge on the more expensive hotel with suites from another chain right in Langhorne. The difference was night and day. Candlewood Suites Bordentown may be ok for singles and couples, but families with small children should definitely beware of a lack of understanding and consideration.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2008

Traveling with 4 young children, we needed more than just a basic hotel room, which is why we chose this hotel. The price was great, and it was a short drive to Sesame Place.

The room was very nice, with lots of decorative touches, and it was immaculate. Every corner of the place was so clean.

The bed was SO comfortable, which I've never found while traveling. I slept so well. Even the pillows and blankets were perfect. I loved that they have quality linens, not standard hotel linens.

The girl at the front desk our first night there was wonderful. She helped us find a place to eat, and later a great pizza delivery place.

There are free dvd rentals at the front desk, though only a couple of kids movies.

The Candlewood Cupboard had everything we needed. (Milk, juice, bagels & cream cheese, eggs, snacks, etc.)

Now, here is the only negative thing I have to say about our stay:
On the second morning of our stay, I went down to the Candlewood Cupboard to get some cereal & bagels for the kids. There was an older man in there, restocking shelves with another employee (a girl, who I later found out was supposed to be at the front desk). The language coming out of this man's mouth was SO offensive (and I'm not a person who is easily offended). The girl kept trying to "shush" him because I was in the room, but she was laughing as she did it. I was very thankful that I hadn't brought any of my kids down with me because he did not seem to care at all about what he was saying, or who heard it. It was extremely unprofessional. I would have reported the incident to someone, but since the front desk staff was right there with him, there was really no one to report it to at that time.

Other than that one incident, our stay was wonderful. It exceeded our expectations. This was our first time staying at Candlewood, and it will definitely be our first choice for all of our future trips.

• Liked — Just about everything
  • Disliked — An unprofessional employee
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
2 Thank Nicole R
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2007

I was lucky and ended up in a suite with single king. Hotel is new as of August 2007 (1 month old). Plasma TVs in the front room and bedrooms, counterspace and full kitchen. Nice marbled tile in the bath, water runs beautifully - one of the nicer things you'll find in New Jersey. The location is a little tricky to get too - since you can't make left turns in New jersey - you have to drive the one road to a point and "U-turn" around to go back and swing a right to the road it's on - otherwise - it's a keeper!

• Liked — Nice room!
  • Disliked — Location is a bit of a trick to get too
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)