See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 12, 2015

There are very few positives we can provide about this motel that would be complimentary, other than perhaps the location in New Jersey. In retrospect. if we were initially offered the room for two days for FREE, we would not have stayed, and may never be able to stay in another Motel 8 during our lifetimes. In particular, the entire room, including the bed sheets and pillow cases, smelled like it had all been washed together with dirty socks, watching the TV was like looking into a dark tunnel, the bathroom was the size of a small closet, water would not flow satisfactorily, and the bill must not have been paid because the water ceased to function in the middle of the night, and the "breakfast" items may have been purchased in the outdated food section of a convenience store. We wish we could say that the people were nice, and that maybe they had taken over a motel which was being refurbished, but they were unconcerned, lacking in social skills, and could not get along even with themselves. In the future, we have decided to ask to see the room in every place we stay, especially Super 8.
Chris Artuso

Stayed: October 2015
1  Thank John G
HotelGM329, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2015

We are very sorry to know about the issues that you experienced during your stay with us. We will see to it that these issues will be addressed immediately. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you and we do hope that you can give us another chance in the future to make it up to you and show you that we take your comments seriously and that we act on them.

Reviewed October 31, 2015 via mobile

The staff was nice but the room was awful at best. Last time I try to cut corners with where I'm staying. You get what you pay for. We booked a non smoking room online and ended up with a smoking room. We opened the door and stumbled on the broken floor as we walked in. The floor had stains, as did one of the chairs, the blankets had cigarette burns on it, the sink was cracked, the bathroom door couldn't be shut, the toilet was possessed and leaked at the bottom...the list goes on! As for breakfast, I mean, I didn't expect continental at this price. Tiny tasteless bagels, even smaller pastries, great juice though. The WiFi doesn't even work. I guess too many people were connected to it -_- I am never going back.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amrita S
HotelGM329, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2015

We sincerely apologize that you were not completely satisfied with our accommodations. Thank you for recognizing our staff's efforts in providing an excellent customer experience. Thank you for the feedback rest assured that this will be forwarded to our management to have it resolved immediately and also to our other staff to have them reminded of their duties. We are still hoping that you can give us a chance to prove how much we value your business on your next visit in the area.

Reviewed May 31, 2015

I stayed here for one night with a group of 4 after a long day at six flights. Not expecting much, i walked into the room pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and size of the room. The room was actually better than the best western which I stayed at the night before. The only odd thing was the fridge and microwave were in a peculiar position in the room. I would have given the hotel 5 star but the breakfast was terrible, hardly any options, stale and not well managed. Needless to say I skipped breakfast that day!

Room Tip: Prepare to eat breakfast elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank uz1_9mm
HotelGM329, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review you have of our hotel. We are so glad to know that we were able to exceed your expectations of our rooms and we are so glad to know that you had a pleasant time with us. We are very sorry to know that you were not able to satisfy your palate with our breakfast and we would like to assure you that this will be reviewed and improved on moving forward. We do hope that you’ll consider staying with us again despite of this issue and we will show you that we take your comments seriously and that we act on them immediately.

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

After seeing some of these reviews, I don't know if my room was special or if some people came with too high of expectations. This is, no doubt, a budget hotel so don't expect an array of perks like a pool, hot breakfast, fancy facade and lobby, or fitness center. With that said, my room was a great value with a comfortable bed, overall clean appearance, and obviously recently renovated bathroom. I've stayed in multiple big-name hotels in the Bordentown/Hamilton area for years, and this one is the only one worth its price. My advice is to overlook the exterior facade and enjoy a room with the same interior amentities of the big name hotels down the road, but at half the price.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kyle B
HotelGM329, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2015

Thank you for your kind comments and review regarding our high standards of cleanliness and hospitality. Hearing about how our efforts to give you a pleasant and accommodating experience have been successful is very rewarding for every member of our staff and management team. We hope to impress you again during your next visit and we thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

This place really needs knocking down and being rebuilt, the décor is old, out dated and looks tatty and dirty. The free Wifi didn't work at all in the room, only in the lobby. The bed was ok but I was exhausted as I had been driving for 14 hours so I could have slept anywhere !!! The walls in the room are very thin or the young Brat !!!! (kid) next door was extremely loud and kept shouting and making loads of noise all night because of this I got up at 0500 and left early.
The only good point was the front staff, they were polite, helpful and friendly, they did say sorry a lot especially when it came to the wifi !!
I would not stay here again as I did not feel safe and left my trolley bag against the bedroom door.
ps, the breakfast was a joke, even the coffee cups had no lids so I couldn't get a coffee to go.

Room Tip: Keep driving past it !!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jmoor62

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am very sorry for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. We do recognize that our property is in need of renovations and our renovations are in the planning stages. I am so sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy the breakfast options, and I want to let you know that we take your suggestions to heart and are reconsidering the available choices. I do thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I assure you that we are correcting this issue for improved convenience in future visits.