“no cable no internet no working phone”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Bordentown
Reviewed 2 July 2016

I've stayed at this motel several times but last night was worst,i get into my room and the cable is out,i call the lobby on my cell because room phone is not working,i go down to front desk,the obvious new guy does nothing to fix cable he says he is all by himself,on july 4 th weekend,i left this morning no cable,my ceiling in my room looks like the movie the shining,their are what looks like blood stains all over the ceiling,be afraid you can do worst,but you will find it difficult. 3rd time the cable hasn't worked

Room Tip: stay away far away
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Scottflows
HotelGM329, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced, We already informed the management about this already as we see this a serious matter. We promise to be more careful soon as we believe that our customer's convenience are at the peak of our interest. In addition, we promise that these instances will never happen again. I hope you will still consider us for your stay again.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

Here in town as the last budget hotel room available between Philly and Bordentown on 5/28, found myself 35 from Philly to a comfortable bed. AC worked great. Bathroom was clean and shower and toilet as well.

Sheets and Pillows were clean! Blanket had a cigarette burn hole but didnt bother me. Saw blood stain on the blanket at end of bed but I had no use for blanket anyway. Staff was great, easy late night check in.

Would stay here again in a heartbeat, but next time take the dirty deep stained disgusting towels to the desk and change them. 1 Small clean towel did the trick to dry off, but no use of the regular bath towels due to grossness. Property was quiet. For $49.99 it was a steal, despite no fridge or microwave in room. Basic comfortable motel.

Seriously, if this motel can buy new towels for the rooms, it would be a GREAT GREAT place for the buck.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, your feedback and your comments regarding your stay. We appreciate that you've taken the time to share the ways that we have impressed you and the ways that we can improve we want you to know that the matters you mentioned are being addressed to our management. I do thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I assure you that we are correcting this issue for improved convenience in future visits.

Reviewed 15 May 2016

The Econolodge in Bordentown was the worst place I ever stayed in. I had to stop as I was on my way to pick up my son from college. The bed was a queen size slab of concrete or at least it felt like it. It was slanted towards the lower right corner. The carpet had numerous stains and while the room was supposed to be non smoking it was obvious that the room had a smoker in it recently. I'll never return.

Room Tip: please drive by this place
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
HotelGM329, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the housekeeping issues that you encountered during your stay in our hotel. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we want to assure you that the housekeeping issues which you have brought to our attention are being addressed with renewed efforts to improve upon our policies to ensure that each guest has a pleasant and comfortable experience in the future. We understand that you are hesitant to return based on this experience, though we hope to have another chance to impress you in the future.

Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

What a dump!! Torn carpets... Toilet that doesn't flush... Holes in walls .. Hairs on walls and ceiling in bathroom!!! An Indescribable smell.. Looks like a crack house!!
I got this from booking.com and I'll never book through them again!! I paid $140 for two nights and would have paid more for a better place but Econolodge has always been great.. I guess corporate needs to get out more and look at their properties

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Johnny8365

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am so sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations of quality service and accommodations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

There are very few positives we can provide about this motel that would be complimentary, other than perhaps the location in New Jersey. In retrospect. if we were initially offered the room for two days for FREE, we would not have stayed, and may never be able to stay in another Motel 8 during our lifetimes. In particular, the entire room, including the bed sheets and pillow cases, smelled like it had all been washed together with dirty socks, watching the TV was like looking into a dark tunnel, the bathroom was the size of a small closet, water would not flow satisfactorily, and the bill must not have been paid because the water ceased to function in the middle of the night, and the "breakfast" items may have been purchased in the outdated food section of a convenience store. We wish we could say that the people were nice, and that maybe they had taken over a motel which was being refurbished, but they were unconcerned, lacking in social skills, and could not get along even with themselves. In the future, we have decided to ask to see the room in every place we stay, especially Super 8.
Chris Artuso

Stayed: October 2015
1  Thank John G
HotelGM329, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2015

We are very sorry to know about the issues that you experienced during your stay with us. We will see to it that these issues will be addressed immediately. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you and we do hope that you can give us another chance in the future to make it up to you and show you that we take your comments seriously and that we act on them.

Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

The staff was nice but the room was awful at best. Last time I try to cut corners with where I'm staying. You get what you pay for. We booked a non smoking room online and ended up with a smoking room. We opened the door and stumbled on the broken floor as we walked in. The floor had stains, as did one of the chairs, the blankets had cigarette burns on it, the sink was cracked, the bathroom door couldn't be shut, the toilet was possessed and leaked at the bottom...the list goes on! As for breakfast, I mean, I didn't expect continental at this price. Tiny tasteless bagels, even smaller pastries, great juice though. The WiFi doesn't even work. I guess too many people were connected to it -_- I am never going back.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amrita S
HotelGM329, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2015

We sincerely apologize that you were not completely satisfied with our accommodations. Thank you for recognizing our staff's efforts in providing an excellent customer experience. Thank you for the feedback rest assured that this will be forwarded to our management to have it resolved immediately and also to our other staff to have them reminded of their duties. We are still hoping that you can give us a chance to prove how much we value your business on your next visit in the area.

Reviewed 31 May 2015

I stayed here for one night with a group of 4 after a long day at six flights. Not expecting much, i walked into the room pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and size of the room. The room was actually better than the best western which I stayed at the night before. The only odd thing was the fridge and microwave were in a peculiar position in the room. I would have given the hotel 5 star but the breakfast was terrible, hardly any options, stale and not well managed. Needless to say I skipped breakfast that day!

Room Tip: Prepare to eat breakfast elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank uz1_9mm
HotelGM329, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review you have of our hotel. We are so glad to know that we were able to exceed your expectations of our rooms and we are so glad to know that you had a pleasant time with us. We are very sorry to know that you were not able to satisfy your palate with our breakfast and we would like to assure you that this will be reviewed and improved on moving forward. We do hope that you’ll consider staying with us again despite of this issue and we will show you that we take your comments seriously and that we act on them immediately.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bordentown
2.2 km away
3.2 km away
Hampton Inn Bordentown
Hampton Inn Bordentown
#1 of 11 in Bordentown

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!