See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 24, 2016

Do NOT stay at this hotel. We got there after a 5 hour drive from MA and we were absolutely disgusted!! When we first drove up there was a woman and a man walking around in his boxers that clearly lived there. They had their entire car and hotel room packed with a ton of stuff. It was a sight for sore eyes to be honest. Then we checked in. The first room they sent us to had dead bugs smushed on the walls, giant food stains, a hole in the wall, blood on the sheets, and stuff that looked like blood dripping from the ceiling. I was mortified. They sent us to another room that they claim was very nice. It too had nasty stains all over the floors, lots of used towels from the last people staying there and trash filling up the shower. We called down and she seemed surprised that both rooms were gross. Took 4 rooms to get one that was decent, barely. We figured we would give it a shot. Woman running the front said she would try to get us a $30-$40 discount when we checked out 2 days later. Both nights all night the door in the hallway slammed shut. Every single time someone came in or went out. The hallway smelled like fish mixed with cleaning products that certainly never get used anywhere else.. So we fast forward to check out and we talked to the girl running the front and she claims that the manager never put in a refund in the computer and that there was nothing she could do at all and that she could not get a hold of the manager. We were told to call the manager who told us there was nothing he could do. Most disgusting hotel I have ever seen with the worst customer service. Will NEVER stay here again and will be sure to tell everyone I know about this awful experience. Based on all of the reviews I am reading, they keep apologizing but not fixing the problem. We were even told at one point that one of the staff didn't clean very well. Well then fire the cleaner and hire one who knows how!!! Cannot believe the building is not condemned!!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Hollyann C
HotelGM329, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am so sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations of quality service and accommodations. I apologize if you did not feel that our housekeeping met your own standards of cleanliness, though our own standards are very high and include checking up to ensure that rooms are as clean as can be. Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for you and other guests in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2016

The rating I saw on this hotel was 2 1/2 stars. It deserves 0 stars. The room was filthy, as were the halls. The carpet, the bedding, the towels all had stains, some were set in stains, like the make-up on the towels and the blood on the sheets, some appeared to be ones that had never been cleaned like the bedspread. The sheets did not appear to be fresh, so we asked for clean sheets. The new ones had blood stains and cigarette burns on them. The chairs had stains. In the hall there was a huge black stain that appeared to be mold about 2ft by 3ft. It ran down the wall. Going to the car in the parking lot one person in our party encountered a skunk. We would have moved hotels but there were no available rooms in town. The last night we were there our room was not cleaned and we received no fresh towels. When we called the front desk, they said the towels were In the laundry room so we couldn't come and get any and they would bring us some if they could get away from the front desk. We never got fresh towels that night. The next morning we noticed the laundry room with the sheets and towels,was left open the elements. I don't see how the health department doesn't shut this place down. The free breakfast was a joke.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
HotelGM329, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2016

Reviewed July 24, 2016

This is probably the bottom edge of a hotel I would stay in. The locks to the rooms from the outdoors were broken, much of the wood work in the halls and outdoors was chipped and rotted, the rooms were a little musty and the hallways very musty. To its credit, the bed was comfy and the bathroom recently retiled, but the ceiling exhaust fan was little more than a grate poorly screwed over the open fan. The only room left was a "suite" which mean a king bed, pullout couch and a college sized fridge with a microwave on top. Free breakfast was continental and again very basic. Wifi was very slow, but free.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
HotelGM329, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I apologize if you did not feel that our housekeeping met your own standards of cleanliness, though our own standards are very high and include checking up to ensure that rooms are as clean as can be. We want you to experience the best value for your money, to feel comfortable, and to have your expectations exceeded; I hope that this will be the case during your next stay with us.

Reviewed July 13, 2016

Worst hotel I've ever been into! Smells really bad! What we did is we bought a spray to spray the room to make it smell at least better and I can't believe the pillow we had has a blood stain on it. Grossssss!! Beware of this hotel!!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sheila G

Thank you so much for sharing your review and giving us an honest look at the guest
experience in our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the value and the convenient location of our hotel! We are delighted by your compliments, rating and review of our high housekeeping and hospitality standards. Your thorough review is greatly appreciated! We are so glad that your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 2, 2016

I've stayed at this motel several times but last night was worst,i get into my room and the cable is out,i call the lobby on my cell because room phone is not working,i go down to front desk,the obvious new guy does nothing to fix cable he says he is all by himself,on july 4 th weekend,i left this morning no cable,my ceiling in my room looks like the movie the shining,their are what looks like blood stains all over the ceiling,be afraid you can do worst,but you will find it difficult. 3rd time the cable hasn't worked

Room Tip: stay away far away
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Scottflows

I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced, We already informed the management about this already as we see this a serious matter. We promise to be more careful soon as we believe that our customer's convenience are at the peak of our interest. In addition, we promise that these instances will never happen again. I hope you will still consider us for your stay again.