See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 15, 2007

I was staying there because I was going to the Mets game and wanted to take the train and the hotel was near trenton to get on the train. The price was cheap and thought it wouldn't be that bad. I was traveling with only my fiance. I first had a room on the first floor and withing 5 minutes had to kill a roach. Never saw one and never want to be in the same room with them crawling around, so I moved to the second floor. The room wasn't that bad, and it did have a clean bathroom and looked like they just put it in. However, it was a scary place to stay. Like the one review, if you are female and traveling alone, do not stay there. The best thing was the sports bar right beside it. The place was awesome and we went there both nights we stayed there. The one waitress advised us to be careful staying there, because there is a lot of drug activity and also suicides are common there. I also advise not going to trenton to get on the train there as well, that is another story. The front desk staff was nice and polite though.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
30  Thank aww5491
Reviewed November 20, 2006

Stayed here for 4 nights--11-18-06 - 11-21-06. Up until 06-20-06, I lived about 5 miles from here for 24 years.

Booked this place as part of an Avis "Getaway" package. I flew into Philadelphia and wanted to stay in the Trenton, NJ area. This was a family emergency and I was willing to sacrifice a lot of quality to save money. Avis DID offer much better hotels in their package, although some were at double the price I paid.

I read the review of 08-29-06, and looked at the pix. With the exception of the dirty bed linens those pictures are pretty much on the mark. If you have a problem with stained carpets, stained walls, peeling wallpaper, and dust and dirt in out-of-the-way spots, find someplace else to stay. HOWEVER, beware, the Trenton, NJ area, for the most part, has only two extremes in lodging quality. Low-priced and sleezy, dirty, etc., and high-priced with commensurate quality and cleanliness. Obviously, I opted for the former. I don't know where the HAMPTON INN, about 2 miles from here, falls on the high-price, low-price spectrum, but their rooms are of excelent quality, even though the parking, and the attitude of the weekend night clerk leave something to be desired.

SECURITY: It is for this reason I advise against women, who are traveling along, staying here. On the bad side, the doors are not as secure as they should be. In my room, the door obviously had to be forced-open at one time and the repair work was poor. Nevertheless there was a secure inside latch. One could probably kick the door in without much effort, but, since I was on the first floor, I could throw a chair through the window and be outside before anyone got in. Since this place is in Bordentown Township, NJ, rather than in the city of Trenton, is a "plus" for security. The Bordentown Township Police have a much lower tolerance for those who loiter, drug dealers and similiar characters than the Trenton police do. One final note on security: Those traveling from southern and Rocky Mountain states should note that, for all practical purposes, the possession of handguns, whether openly displayed or not, is permitted only for law enforcement Officers in the State of New Jersey. Violators, if convicted, are subject to a mandatory term of 3 years imprisonment. In fairness to this place, I also want to say that, not once, during my stay did I ever see any suspicious characters or otherwise feel my safety was threatened.

HEATING/COOLING: There is unit which I found to be effective in heating the room. The unit could be quieter. However, I had no problem sleeping with it on. Light sleepers may find otherwise.

FOOD: This place started-out, about 40 years ago, as one of those combination motel-restaurant Howard Johnson's Motor Lodges. The old Howard Johnson restaurant building is next-door, and still functions as a restaurant. Except, today, it is an "upscale" sports bar and restaurant and caters mostly to the "under 40" crowd. About 500 feet from the old Howard Johnson Restaurant is the Town And Country Diner. This place is closed only between 1:00 AM and 6:00 AM. Food at the Town And Country is good, prices reasonable, service is good, and credit cards are accepted.

HOUSEKEEPING: Cleaning service is limited. If you're not out of your room by, around 9:00 AM, your room won't be cleaned. When your room is cleaned, bed and bath linens are changed, and the waste basket is emptied, but no new drinking cups are supplied.

INTERNET CONNECTIONS: There is wireless internet service available, free of charge. There is a "data port" on the phone for "dial-up" internet. However, before using the phone for "dial-up," clarify with the office about the service charge for local calls. I don't know if local calls are charged a flat, "one-time" charge, or if there is a charge based on the length of the call. The wireless service is good enough to run a laptop on, but it could be a lot faster.

As was noted in another review, the front desk staff are polite.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
33  Thank Big_Horn_Basin_Kid
Reviewed August 28, 2006

Just see my candid photos, that will explain everything I want to say. The moment we saw those clean sheets we got all of our baggage and left. Also you can see blood on the AC switch.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
63  Thank miroxm
Reviewed March 28, 2004

Upon entering the hotel lobby, I was greeted by a very nice gentleman.
The lobby was very clean and looked very nice. However, upon entering into my room, I was very shocked to see what I had seen. The rugs were filty and not vacuumed. The room overall was not clean at all. The roof had a leak in it and looked like it was never fixed. I called to the front desk and asked the gentleman if I could get my money back since this room was not acceptable. He was very nice about it and said that was ok. I then went to the front desk and the gentleman was very nice about it. I want to thank him for being so understanding. However, this is not a hotel that I would ever stay at.

196  Thank Compass32161