“Excellent restaurant, number one for a reason”
Review of Girasole

Girasole
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Bound Brook
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2016

We met friends for dinner here one night as a place in between our two homes and we were glad we did. The restaurant is nicely decorated, the tables are not too close together and conversation was easy to have.

The food was delicious and all 6 of us enjoyed our dishes. I had the pistachio crusted veal which was delicious and different. The menu was varied and interesting, with most of the main course dishes priced in the early to mid $20 range. The restaurant was also willing to make one of our guests chicken parmigiana even though it wasn't on the menu. Would definitely come here again!

Reviewed September 7, 2016

We were there for my birthday. We have dined there many times before, but have not been there in a year or so. Our last visit was somewhat disappointing. Our waiter was wonderful, but almost all of the bus boys were awful! They took our plates without asking if we were done. Instead of going around us to take plates away or the bring us our food, they leaned over us to get to things a few seats away. One of them jabbed me with a fork as he was setting fresh forks. Not good at all!

Two of my daughters ordered rack of lamb, both happy with their food. My other daughter had the grilled salmon, didn't eat much of it. My husband's veal, with balsamic vingear was good, but my veal Roberta was so starchy and the sauce was just not right. I ate most of my veggies, but couldn't eat my veal. My husband said I should have returned it to the kitchen. Being it was my birthday, I didn't want to make a bit deal. We probably would not eat there again.

Reviewed August 24, 2016

What a great place, tucked away on W. Union Avenue. We have driven past here many times, and finally made a reservation. That's important! It's an intimate dining room. We were here on a Sunday evening, and were pleasantly surprised by the ambiance. The wait staff is professional and the food is delicious. The Mussel appy was plenty to share. The specials, all of them sounded great. We tried the stuffed pork chop...excellent. The seafood pasta was also a great choice. I think we found our new go to place.

Reviewed August 19, 2016

Menu is extensive with several unusual items. Service was very good. Comes with a salad. Not noisy ,can talk at reasonable tone. Some portions were large resulting in take home.

Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

Went here w large group for business dinner. The food and appetizers were all very good. It's ranked 1 for a reason. The veal and salmon were the best among our group. We brought along our own wines so obviously that was good. The calamari was good as well. You can't go wrong as a group or private dinner.