“Great meal with great friends ”
Review of Girasole

Girasole
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Bound Brook
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We visited Girasole last evening to meet friends we hadn't seen in a while. We had never been there, but we will return again! Fantastic meal in a great environment. Ambiance was perfect, energy but not noisy, service just right. The Giambota was perfect, I asked for hot peppers and they were perfect. My wife had the seafood pasta, and it was very good and enough left over for lunch today. We loved it! BYO fits perfectly

Reviewed 6 August 2017

My wife booked a prix fixe menu group dinner (14) on a Saturday evening. We started with calamari, bruschetta and fresh mozzarella which were all very nice. The side of bread was not great but ok. Second course was pasta and salad. The sauce not but the salad was good. For entrees there were veal medallions with three shrimp, filet mignon w/mushrooms and salmon. The veal was very good, the filet had mixed reviews (done in a balsamic sauce) and the salmon filet was excellent. Desserts were average … disappointed in the cannoli shell which was saved by the filling.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Several days ago we celebrated the birthdays of my wife's mom and dad at Girasole, and like every visit over the past twenty years, it was excellent. This restaurant clearly stands out in this area because of its top-notch food, service and atmosphere, and the entire staff delivers a wonderful experience every meal.

Service is impeccable time after time. The other evening Gabriella was our server, and she is always delightful. She is professional and affable, and she helped to make my in-laws' night very special. But every server here excels, including Gina, Itielse', Carlos, Aldo, Paul, and the rest of the team. The analogy I often use is that of a Rolex watch, not that I own one! But at Girasole, every element of service works perfectly. This includes the gracious and congenial owner and host Rob Russo. As a great host is supposed to do, he makes all guests feel welcome and appreciated, and this has helped build a loyal clientele over the decades.

That and superb food, of course. And this kitchen turns out consistently outstanding food every visit. Whether it's my wife and me for a quiet Friday dinner, a party of thirty for a milestone birthday surprise, or a group of five like the other night, the fine Italian cuisine here never wavers. Recently our entrees included fish specials of salmon and swordfish, meat specials of rack of lamb and stuffed pork chop, and seafood over linguini. All were textbook perfect dinners. Our shared starters included fried calamari, zucchini flowers, and a seafood crepe. Of course we ended with sumptuous desserts and espressos. I'm hungry as I type this!

Girasole is quite popular, so I recommend reservations, especially on weekends and at peak dining times. Their many fans, who love the elegant serenity of the two dining rooms, make that a requirement.
It's also a BYO, establishment, but unlike many others, they provide very nice, versatile wine glasses for guests, and this service time expertly handles and serves wine.

We never leave Girasole without making a reservation for an upcoming evening. Pay them one visit and you'll see why.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Special northern italian restaurant with excellent food and service; BYOB, always busy both lunch and dinner; need reservations, solid menu with good selection of specials

Reviewed 22 May 2017

I have dined here several times and have found the ambiance, service and food to be excellent. Their mushroom appetizer (Funghi Trifolati) is "to die for" and is a generous portion; two could share. The menu contains standard dishes but there are always a more-than-usual amount of "specials" that rarely disappoint. The only "miss" (to me) was their pistachio-encrusted veal. But I've dined there on more than ten occasions, all of which were wonderful. Reservations are a must as Girasole is very popular. Their parking lot is on the small side. They do not have a liquor license so it is BYOB!